Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Busy Busy

I haven't done any LO's recently, but I have been busy with lots of other things! This is one of the little projects that I have had on the go ...
.
Aaron's class Mum's got together and talked about a gift for the teachers at the end of the school year and I suggested doing a mini album with photos and getting the kids to write a message etc. I had a couple of samples to show them what I meant. So that's what we settled on! (Funny that!!) One of the Mums organised the inside pages for the kids to write and draw their messages on for both teachers, I took the photos and once all the pages were back to me I bound them together and created the cover. I asked their favourite colours - one was green and the other blue! So that made it easy. I used some of my Tim Holtz dies (Hanging Sign and On the Fence) with grungeboard and painted them with his Distress crackle paint and then highlighted with distress ink. The sign piece also has a very light coating of mod podge over it so the alpha stickers don't come off (that's why it looks a deeper colour). Then I cut up some beaded branches and wired them to the fence and the sign. The chain for the sign are pieces from Maya Road chipboard keychains which I cut to the right length :-) And of course used my trusty Zutter to bind it all together :-)

Each opening inside the album had a photo of each child with both the teacher and assistant and their message and/or drawing. (Aaron's reads ... "I like to have free play and do the number maths", and "I will miss you thank you for being the best teacher." :-)
The blue album was for the assistant teacher.
Aaron drew a picture of "evil" men playing basket ball! If you please!!! I asked him "do you really think Ms ... would like a picture of evil men in your album?" He just grinned at me and shrugged his shoulders! ha!
I also included a school photo of him taken at the beginning of the year to show how much he's grown and changed :-) (and the fact that I have plenty of them hehee)
.
The back of the album just had my little handcrafted stamp on it :-)
Today was Aaron's class end of year party. So Maddison, Samuel & I headed down to school around 11am with our contribution of food (cheese pizzas and milk drinks as per Aaron's request!). After they had lunch Samuel explored the classroom and found all sorts of fun things to play with (or perhaps I should say mess up! ) :-)
.
At the kitchen ...
Aaron & Maddison played with these for a while.
Samuel found the dinosaurs and took a liking to this one.
He also tried to destroy Maddison's "snowflakes"!
Had a serious conversation with his dinosaur (not sure if he was blaming the destruction of the snowflakes on the dino or what he was telling it! It sounded like a good telling off anyway!)
After the kids all came back into the classroom the teacher put on a movie (Tangled) for them to watch. Samuel was so funny ... he was trying to "push" the buttons he could see on the projector screen heheheehee
For those of you that knew Aaron at this age ... does that remind you of him or what! :-) To me the boys look different, but oh my they are sooooo similar! Samuel just reminds me so much of Aaron when he was one! LOVES chatting away, loves gadgets of ANY kind (but most especially cellphones), he giggles like Aaron as well! :-)
.
Thanks for visiting - hopefully I will be back with some scrappy stuff to share in the next couple of days.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow you have been busy and what wonderful gifts you created. These will be treasured for years to come.

Penny said...

lovely albums :) Sam is so sweet.