Monday, May 23, 2011

Kids on a Monday ...

Just a little bit of what the kids got up to today :-)
.
Samuel and I went down to Aaron's class at lunch time as it was his teacher's birthday today and the assistant teacher's birthday yesterday. So us Mum's had got together and done some "delegating" and organised cakes, pizza, drinks & balloons and a signed card for them both. Of course it was more for the kids than the teachers!!! heheee
.
The teacher's cake had Kanga & Joey on it (she's Australian).

And the assistant teacher loves cats :-)
The kids had just come back from PE so were very hot and sweaty! I think they were pleased to sit in the classroom in the air con and cool down while they had their lunch!
I took down a big bunch of balloons for the kids and of course Samuel had one too! :-)

Today it was Aaron's turn to bring home Kanga & Joey again. The kids all have turns at bringing Kanga & Joey home for a night or two and they draw a picture and write what Kanga & Joey get up to! The kids have nearly filled two exercise books. Quite cute to read and neat to see the progress with their writing (and drawing!).

I enrolled Maddison into an after school art class once a week for this term. Today was her first time and when I asked her what she did she just said "it was fun". I haven't managed to get any details of what she created at all! I asked her again at bed time if she liked it and she said yes and gave me a kiss! hahaa She sure does love colouring. This afternoon she asked me to draw us as a family so she could colour them in! I am SOOOO not an artist when it comes to drawing people! Anyway she's happy with my stick figure people thankfully!! (note the tongue poking out in concentration hehee)
This is our family! :-) We must be feeling the cold I think with the blue faces! And I wonder how Lyndon feels about wearing purple trousers!! heheeee
Our kitchen door currently looks like this ... covered in drawings the kids have done :-)
Samuel received another birthday present in the mail today from some cousins. He liked the card :-)
And the ball! Thank you very much :-)
He also likes Maddison's pink princess hairband :-)


Very nice! I must get a video clip of him strutting about wearing it and laughing. He thinks he's the bees knees! :-)
.
Tonight while dinner was cooking and I was feeding Samuel his dinner Aaron did this huge clean up in their bedroom, the lounge and picked up all the toys that Samuel had taken into the kitchen!! I was blown away! There was a motive though! Ha ... he told me he wanted RM100 so he could buy some more hotwheels! RIGHT ... I had to tell him as much as I really appreciated him cleaning up so well, I didn't really think it was worth RM100, but I would give him some money for his piggy bank (he got RM3 hehehee) :-) I will be most interested to see if he cleans up again tomorrow :-)
.
Thanks for visiting.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, those cakes are amazing!! Were they professionally done? Love the Aussie one!! What a hoot!

Love Aaron's entreprenurial spirit ... I can see how that logic works! Wonder how long his enthusiasm will last? I think he's clever enough to realise that getting RM3 each time will soon add up to RM100 ... eventually!!! :-D

topkatnz said...

Important lesson learnt - always negoitiate the contract BEFORE undertaking the work! I remind Mitchell of that often!heehee

Mrs Frizz said...

cakes look fab-u-lous - and I truly did have a giggle over the RM100 ... learning all about negotiations huh - already ... and now did he, or didn't he ... clean up the next day???