Monday, October 25, 2010

Get Picky Sketch #1

Here's my take for Get Picky's first Sketch Challenge. I've used Basic Grey Porcelain papers that have been in my stash for a while! (Actually the bigger pieces came in a kit from one of the classes I did at Creative Escape last year! Smaller pieces from a 6x6 pad.) Alphas and fabric flower (bloomers) are from Websters. Used distress inks to define the edges of the papers. Decided I didn't need to journal - title and photos say it all! :-)


More holiday photos :-) and that little ladybug ... it's from Basic Grey as well - got that when I was home last year. Perfect for Maddison's ladybug cake :-)
.
Love the sketch ... think I will use it again. Anyone else that reads my blog doing this challenge?
.
Thanks for visiting.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Rachel. I love that you are using up your old stash, thats what I am doing at the moment. Although I dont have too much pattern paper. Embellishment wise I have nothing, but I don't see that as a bad thing. Love the sketch and your take on it....cute ladybird. I like how you inked the edges to give them more definition.

Serene Ho said...

I like this! Totally different from your other LOs. Circle ... I like :)

Christine said...

Oh, that is so cute, I love their expressions when they first try new things! Gorgeous layout!

Alannah said...

love your layout...very sweet photos...smiles

Nerrida said...

Very cute! love the way you did the title too.

Aussie TM5 Thermomixer said...

what a sweet page, I love the photos. Thanks so much for playing along with our first challenge at Get Picky :)

Nikki xx said...

Gorgeous page Rachel :) Some of my favourite pics are the birthday cake ones....your photos are so very cute! Thanks for joining us at Get Picky too!