Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Kids

Yesterday they did some painting (just add water ... I do like those kind of painting books hehee)




Lets just say that Maddison has finished all the pictures in her book and Aaron still has 4 pages left because he was much neater! :-)
.
.
I'll have to do a LO about this little story as well .. just need to find a suitable picture ... maybe one of Maddison screwing up her nose hehee
.
We went down to check if there was any mail and when we got in the lift there was another lady in there. As soon as the doors opened I could smell durian. For those that don't know it has a very distinct smell which I find MOST unpleasant! Anyway Maddison starting talking away and I couldn't really understand what she was saying (mainly because I wasn't concentrating on her ... I was trying not to breathe through my nose!). The lady got out on a different floor to us and as she was leaving I finally realised what Maddison had been saying ...
.
Maddison - Mummy it smells in here!
Me - Yes it does, doesn't it.
Maddison - Mummy it smells nasty ... something smells.
Me - I know Maddison, but we'll be out of here in a minute.
Maddison - Mummy is it Samuel?!! (she even leaned over and smelt his bottom!!)
Me - hehee no it's not Samuel it's the smell of a very stinky fruit called durian.
Maddison - I don't like it, it smells.
Aaron - I don't like it either.
Me - Join the club!
.
I'll be honest with you ... I have never actually tasted durian - apparently it tastes better than it smells. But I just couldn't put something in my mouth that smells that bad, besides when you see what you actually eat from the fruit it looks weird - slimy sort of. (shudder) AND the smell lingers and lingers and lingers! Disgusting ... totally disgusting.
.
I'll just keep ignorant of the taste I think! ;-)

5 comments:

Penny said...

hee hee! Parmesan cheese smells like vomit but I eat it. Haven't ever smelled durian though.

somebody who needs to love herself said...

ahahhahahaha!!!! I hate the smell of durian but I love eating them...soon after I will regret it cause I will smell real bad. I love the convo between you and Madison. was laughing so loudly while reading it.

Serene Ho said...

Rachel, you're not alone. I don't like durians too!

topkatnz said...

Yes, Penny has a valid point...hmmm, those paint with water books are still MY favourite!

Cindy Lee said...

Err...I love durians :) It stinks but when you put it in your mouth it taste differently :)