Thursday, February 11, 2010

Aaron @ School

Just a few photos to share of Aaron at school. The last couple of days I have left my little point & shoot camera with his teacher as I wanted a particular photo of him doing spelling because I have a story to go with it (see below). But there's something wrong with the camera - it takes about 3-4 photos then the batteries are completely flat! GRRR (Lyndon has the DSLR in Finland with him for a couple of weeks ... I am missing it (and him of course!) ;-) He took it to capture the snow ... 60cms on the ground when he arrived on Monday!)
.
So yesterday's pics ... here he's colouring (or scribbling) not sure which!

And they made Chinese New Year cookies. He came home with a little bag of them and they were promptly eaten super quick by two little cookie monsters!

And here's the photo I especially wanted ... they have a tray of plastic letters in the class with a little container of bits & pieces which they lay out on the mat and then spell whatever it is; e.g. cat, leg, bag, tub, zip.

A couple of weeks ago after I picked him up from school I asked him what he did at school today.
.
Aaron - "I did spelling"
Me - "really, what did you spell?"
Aaron - "cat, leg, zip, bag"
Me - "Wow that's very clever of you. How do you spell cat?"
Aaron - "kaaaa .... aarrrrr .... tttttttt" (try to imagine if you can him sounding out the letters)
Me - "c ... a ... t, thats right"
Aaron - "No Mummy, it's not c ... a ... t, it's kaaaa .... aarrrrr .... tttttttt that spells cat"!!!
.
Heheehee I just laughed :-)
.
So now I have the photo to go with the story to scrap :-)
.
I have done 3 more LO's on our holiday album and have another 2 nearly complete. But not going to bother taking pics with this little camera - it's driving me nuts!
.
Kids are on holiday now till next Thursday because of Chinese New Year. So I will have to think of some things to entertain them! ;-) This afternoon I have a chiropractor appointment and a Dr's appointment, so that will be fun taking both them along won't it!!! (I think I will strap Maddison into the pram!!) hehehee
.

4 comments:

Serene Ho said...

Aaron's correct that he uses phonic sounds to spell the word! Clever boy! LOL. enjoy the long break!

Penny said...

oh very cute :) great way for them to learn to spell. I really like the Montessori learning principles.

topkatnz said...

ROFL - which one are you missing more - Lyndon or the camera?? - come on, fess up!heehee

Sasha Farina said...

i'm glad the holidays are over in singapore... LOL. 4 days weekend is enough already.