Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Warries and Spots

Okay ... today I am going to tell a couple of little stories about Aaron. The "Warrie" one is a few weeks old, but I really want to record it here so when I finally get round to scrapping about it I won't have forgotten what he said! The "Spots" is from yesterday.
.
We have a new condo next to us, it was completed towards the end of last year and in late Jan there was a red Ferrari parked outside for a couple of weeks. Aaron is very interested in fast cars at the moment (for example in the taxi in Singapore he told the driver to "GO FASTER" snigger snigger). Anyway I digress ... The Ferrari ... one day he noticed it and said to me "there's a fast car Mummy, is it a fast car?" "Yes Aaron, it's a fast car, it's a Ferrari". "Oh, is it a Warrie Mummy?" LOL "Yep Darling, you've got that right, it's a worry alright if you have one of them!" (more sniggering to myself as we walk along). From then on every time we went out for a walk he would shout (truly he shouted) "LOOK MUMMY THERE'S THE WARRIE!" "Yes Aaron I can see it, can you say Ferrari?" "LOOK MUMMY THERE'S THE WERRARI!" "Oh you've nearly got it right, can you try saying Ferrari again?" :-) And so it went on, but as soon as he said it correctly he'd be straight back to calling it a warrie again. LOL Anyway the warrie hasn't been parked in it's usual spot the last 3 weeks, so the guards and myself haven't had to listen to him shouting out about the jolly Ferrari! (phew)
.
And the spots ... Last night I was undressing him for his bath and he said "he wanted a cloth to wash off his spots!" "I asked what spots?" "These spots Mummy", and pointed to the freckles on my arms and then rubbed his face. So I turned him round to look at me and said "you mean these spots on your face?" "Yes" :-) (Sorry chappy you can't do a thing about them! Didn't tell him that though.) I asked who said they were spots and got this woffled jumbled drivel about faces and school and something else that I didn't catch along with much arm waving. So I told him "that they weren't actually spots they were freckles, which were kisses from the sun, and look Mummy has lots and lots and lots and you really don't want to rub them off because it might hurt". :-) lol Anyway the penny dropped today for me when I went to pick him up from school. In one of the classrooms he uses there's some art work on the wall. It's faces of the kids using disposable plates and they have drawn eyes, noses, mouth etc. on them and glued on wool for hair. Some of the faces had names and some didn't. I couldn't find Aaron's name then realised ahhhhh his one was the one with "spots" on his face! So obviously the teacher (or may have been one of the kids) has said he needed spots on his face to make it look like him. I will have to take a photo of it because you should see his "spiky" hair doo. :-) hehehee

So that's what he's been up to with his story telling. Somedays it's really quite interesting!

And before I go ... here's a couple more sneaks of another LO I've done for Scrap-n-Crop's March kit.



Check out the SnC Gallery if you want to see some more sneaks and see what Sharmaine has created too.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Too cute!! I love how they mispronounce things, it's almost sad when they start saying them properly (loses some cuteness I think). LOL at the freckles ... Tyler has said the same thing before ... poor little gingas!!!!

topkatnz said...

well that's a 'warrie'!!LOL

Penny said...

That's so sweet :) I like it how their mispronounciations make it into family vocab :)

SCRAP-n-CROP said...

love the story...so cute....