Sunday, February 1, 2009

It's A Gal

Scrap-n-Crop's (SnC) February kit is I mean :-) You can see what Sharmaine and I have done in the SnC Gallery. I've also included a bit of a description about each piece there ... so if you are looking for a bit more detail than what I've got here ... check out the gallery.
.
I did 3 LO's, 6 cards and an off the page project (OTP) from the kit. Not much left from the kit actually :-) I like it when that happens.
.
Layout 1 - everything from the kit except for thread, photo and adhesives :-)

Layout 2 - painted the edge of the photo to match in with the patterned paper.
Cut out some of the pattern on the paper to overlay on the photo.
Layout 3 - Experimenting with my sewing machine! (I have a ways to go!)
Cards ... pretty simple ones, but I know I can use them.
.
Card 1 - Maya Road girl chipboard mini keychain thingy ... covered the dress with patterned paper from the kit, inked the edges and gave it a belt.
Card 2 - Maya Road chipboard flower which I covered in a journalling tag from the kit. Aren't those butterflies cute :-)
Card 3 - offcuts from the embellishment sheet I would normally have thrown out helped to make a cute card.
Card 4 - REALLY simple :-)
Card 5 - just using up the cardstock embellishments from the kit.
Card 6 - Vellum verse and patterned paper from the kit.
OTP - Altered cigar box to hold Maddison's hair bands, ribbons and clips. Quite fun to do, but she's pulled the smile of the little girl twice, so will have to adhere that with glossy accents or something so it's really stuck down! Also waiting for Lyndon to get home so he can attach a little 7G door knob on the lid of the box (needs to be drilled and recessed a bit!) so it's easy for Maddison to open. Will post a pic of that once it's done.
.
Left Side
Right Side
Back and Right Side
Front
With lid off
Thanks for looking :-)

5 comments:

Mrs Frizz said...

Love that photo of Maddison and your layout.

Boy-oh-boy, you have been busy and creative.

penelope haque said...

Nice! And so many.

Shyra said...

My my!! There's so many things to see! We want to see more Rachel! :)

SCRAP-n-CROP said...

my fav is the box of hair goodies!!!

Penny said...

Oh these are great! I love the first LO best but the others are awesome too.