Thursday, January 29, 2009

Yeah we're still here!

This last week has gone flying past! I didn't mean to leave it this long to update my blog ... ahh well, I've just been busy enough.
.
Where to start ... Last Saturday Lyndon flew to Finland (gets back next Sunday) and of course Aaron's on school holidays all this week! :-} (Yeah I think I am still reasonably sane heheee)
.
Monday and Tuesday were public holidays (Chinese New Year) and Irene and Rachel came for the day. We went to some friends for lunch and had a delicious steamboat meal (this link gives you an idea of what it's about). They were very kind and had also cooked sausages and mashed potatoes for the kids.
.
And of course oranges and mandarins ... Maddison was doing a taste test of the skin of hers!

Tuesday and Wednesday were just days at home, playing with trains, reading books, riding bikes and throwing balls in the playground, and a bit of scrapping for me :-)
.
Last night was a short one for me and Aaron, he came into my bed before midnight and was very unsettled, but did manage to go off to sleep eventually. Woke up about 3.30am screaming and sobbing and after a bit of questioning and not getting any answers I asked him if he wanted to be sick! YES, so I made a mad dash with him to the bathroom and just made it ... opened the door and he let go! Sigh ... nice NOT. Anyway I think I must be growing up a little, because I only gagged once while cleaning it up ... that's a big improvement for me! :-} So every half hour after that for about 3 hours he visited his "ice cream" container. Drunk lots of water at breakfast then did a projectile vomit, thankfully I had left my seat to go to the kitchen otherwise I would have worn the lot of it! He spent the morning lying on his bed, reading books and moping! Had a big sleep this afternoon though ... woke him up after 3 hours because I wanted him to go to bed at a reasonable hour tonight. So must have been a 12 hour bug. Fingers crossed little miss doesn't get it. He was funny at breakfast though (well it was funny to me), he didn't want to eat his toast and didn't want to do anything much at all except grizzle, so I asked him if he wanted to be sick again (this was before the big launch!) and he says ever so politely "No thank you Mummy". :-)
.
Maddison's vocab is growing on a daily basis. She's learning a new word everyday just about! Sometimes more. She's copying so much of what Aaron does it's frightening! Today the cleaner was here and Maddison was quite the bossy britches to her telling her that the little brush and shovel was "MINE"! Actually her two favourite words are NO and MINE ... both said in a loud voice! I am trying to teach her yes, but it's hard when I find myself telling her no a lot of the day! Especially when she's getting into things she shouldn't be. (It's a real pest because she can now open the fridge by herself and spends a lot of the day trying to get herself in there and when the beeper goes to say the door has been left open she dashes off giggling!) Little monkey. She's discovered where I keep the chocolate in the fridge too which is a bit of a worry!
.
So that's us. Just the usual with a bit of drama thrown in the midst of it all.
.
Happy Chinese New Year to you all!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ick ... a tummy bug; always a parental treat!! hope all is better soon.

Penny said...

every girl needs to know where the chocolate is.

Hope Aaron is better today!

Anonymous said...

maddie...pls come teach becks how to say a couple of words...becks aint saying anything...except wow wow - to the dogs!

Anonymous said...

Both our boys are sick with a tummy bug too....both ends going!! C has never had a tummy bug before so I have never had to deal with one and boy is it VILE!! So I am having a double dose since they both have it. E is a bit better today, yesterday it was dirty nappies every hour; today it is down to three for the whole day, phew they stink too. Thinking of you, Love : M, K, C & E xo

penelope haque said...

i'm so glad teddy don't get sick in the middle of the nite! ;p

thanks for sharing Rachel. Made me grow up a bit <-- realisation and subtle reminder of motherhood though I do my fair share with Bryant especially in the early years of hospitalisation.