Friday, December 5, 2008

Yay for Fridays

It's been a busy day, but I feel like there's been a lot achieved. I was up and going early this morning as I thought the cleaners were coming at 8am (won't go into all the details, but the lady that usually comes and cleans and does my ironing twice a week hasn't been since we've gotten back from holiday, so I've been looking out for another one ... that's still a work in progress!). In the meantime I just utilised the cleaning service that's available through the management office of our apartment. Anyway I got my wires crossed with the supervisor on Wednesday when I organised it and thought the Friday we were talking about was today, it was actually next week! Oh well ... anyway she fitted me in this afternoon which worked out really good because Aaron was at school and Maddison was asleep for the first hour they were there (keeps her out of the buckets and cleaners!!). Our place looks SPARKLING today, two ladies spent 2 hours cleaning for me, they were thorough and fast and they even cleaned the outside of the windows ... should have taken a picture ... very clever the way they do it especially when we are so high up and have no balcony!! Now I can see outside without squinting through the grime caked on the outside of the glass!! I was really really really good too while they were here, I did the dishes (took about 10 minutes) then spent the rest of the time ironing! Yeah ... nearly 2 weeks worth of ironing (did I mention that I really don't like ironing??). But ... it's all up to date. I am very impressed with myself!! LOL
.
That was the main action today ... but so worth it. Still can't believe the ironing took me so jolly long (and nope it's not as good as what my previous maid would have done, but who really cares at the end of the day huh? Once you are wearing the outfit it's creased or got kids dirty handprints on it anyway after about 5 minutes!).
.
Last night I started putting together my December/January Daily Album (Ali Edwards style). I went through my patterned papers and pulled out anything that was double sided and looked Christmasy, cut them to size (doing 8x8), then did a quick calculation of how many days this album was going to be ... then went through my papers again and pulled out anything else that was funky and double sided for the January part. Probably still haven't got enough, but what a great way to use up OLD stash! Seriously, some of the papers I've had in my paper stash for at least 4 or 5 years :-) Pretty chuffed that I am FINALLY using them.
.
Haven't taken any pictures yet as I haven't done the cover, but will get to that over the weekend hopefully. Was just going to do the album from the time Mum is here, but after today, I decided I would start from today, the 5th, and document the build-up to Grandma arriving :-) Also, means I can include Aaron's last day at school, putting up the Christmas tree (that's happening tomorrow) and we have a pot-luck tea with friends on Monday night. So would be nice to include all that in as well.

Here's some pics from today :-) Aaron's school had a costume day again today (they could wear traditional or favourite dress-up) and I asked him what he wanted to wear, his black elephant tee-shirt and Thomas undies :-) hehehee. Well he wore the Thomas undies (under some shorts!) and couldn't find his black elephant tee, so he wore his NZ All Black one instead. He was pretty happy to trot to school with a Christmas goodie bag for his teacher and he held it out to her, but didn't let go and kept going on and on and on about the chocolates inside the bag :-) (yeah he takes after his mother as far as chocolate goes hehehee).
.
When I picked him up from school he had this neat Christmasy headband on ... now I know why I have put off cutting his hair (so the head band had hair to grip onto LOL). Spot the watch ... he's a watch geek like his Daddy! One of the little girls in his class is leaving to go to a Chinese school next year, so she gave the kids in their class a watch each :-) It's a Hot Wheels one, so he's pretty impressed with it.

Here he is with his teacher, Ms Jane (whom he calls Ms Jamie) :-) She made them a really cool laminated card with a picture of his class mates using some of the pile of old scrapbook paper I donated months ago (something to add to my Dec/Jan daily album!!) :-)
And she wanted a photo with Maddison.

When we got home they sat on the couch (and I really need to teach Maddison to sit cross legged don't I!) to open their gifts from Ms "Jamie".

Amongst the lollies and chocolates were these really cool little Snowmen(?) maybe Snowladies. They will be joining the tree decorations tomorrow :-)

You can tell which one is Maddison, she was so excited by the lollies she thought her snowlady was one and bit it's bottom because it wasn't "wrapped"! Ouch!


So that's been our day ... kids are in bed fast asleep and I am about to head to my desk to punch some holes in my stack of papers for my album and have a play with the cover maybe!
I'll leave you with a couple of sneak peeks of another LO for Kinda Sweet's next kit which is due out soon.



.

BTW ... check out Adrienne's blog for a really cool giveaway :-) (I sort of can't imagine snow at Christmas for some reason ... especially when it's over 30 deg C here LOL.)

4 comments:

Serene Ho said...

Enjoyed reading your blog...I was so amused by Maddison biting the snowman! Extremely cute!

Anonymous said...

love the bits on the snow girls bottom......oh dear. Sounds like Aaron had a blast at kindy. Wow at the cleaning service thats impressive.

Penny said...

I so need to hire your cleaners. My house is a pigsty. Very depressing.

LOL at the snowlady's bottom! M's teeth marks recorded for posterity (pun intended!).

Anonymous said...

Oh, to have a cleaner!!! I am GREEN with envy here. My house needs serious attention, but I just can't bring myself to spend any of my time doing housework. Terrible, I know.

LOL at the bitten bottom!! Very funny :-D