Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Woo Hoot


Janine's Woo Hoot Wednesday time again.
.
Woo Hoot ... Lyndon's been in town all week :-)
.
Woo Hoot ... 3 weeks tomorrow till Christmas Day.
.
Woo Hoot ... Grandma comes next week - only 8 more sleeps :-) Every day Aaron asks if we can go to the airport to pick up Grandma off the plane! I think the next week is going to be a LONG one with him asking that all the time hehehee
.
What else ...
.
Scrapping goodies in the mail from Liza :-) Thanks so much. (This was just for visiting her blog! What a sweetie - I will find a use for that little stash of goodness I am sure :-) !!!)
.
Completing a LO for Kinda Sweet's next kit, and another one nearly finished. If I had been half way organised I could have had a sneak peek for you! (Oh well I'll do it tomorrow!) :-)
.
"Ice blocks" for the kids :-) I found a set of do-it-your-self iceblock holders at Ikea, and I am really cheap because I just fill them with water for the kids. They think they are SOOOO special hehee :-) I did try watered down Ribena ones, but they make such a mess when they melt all over their clothes, floor, face, so water it is :-) Here's a pic of Maddison enjoying hers this afternoon. (Keeps them quiet for a while too which is a bonus!!)

I have got lots of things planned, I'll list them here just to motivate me to get them done so I can woo hoot about them another week!!

.

* Plan to put the tree up this weekend.

* Plan to decorate this cool wooden Christmas bauble garland with the kids. I am going to let them help me paint and decorate them (I know I am brave!!). I'm going to cut the string off it though and then once they have been decorated I'll tie ribbon on each one separately to hang on the tree. Aaron will get a kick out of it I'm sure (and Maddison will probably lick the paint!! will have to keep her dummy in hehehee).

* Really wanted to participate in Ali Edwards December Daily Album, but just had a bit much happening with holidays, kits and such, so it wasn't a happening thing. But I keep thinking about it (a lot!) and I've decided I will start one from when Grandma arrives till she leaves, so it's a daily album of our time with her. Think that will be quite cool. Have stocked up on chipboard, now I just need to pull finger and make the album!!

* Have a list of things I want to make for Christmas presents (that's real progress for me just having a list!) so now I have my head sorted with what to do ... I just need to do it!! Maybe magically I can get another 10 odd hours a day to do all this stuff!!

.

Okay that's about it. I really need to get scampering and finish this other LO that's sitting on my desk and maybe make a card or two or five :-)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

great list Rachel, oh I like your xmas ornament wreath the kids will have fun with that. Oh homemade iceblocks are a fab memory....and Miss M looks pretty content with hers.

Anonymous said...

I think it's priceless that you are getting away with PLAIN WATER iceblocks ... go you!!

Anonymous said...

FAB idea to just use water for those ice blocks! Unfortunately my kids are a bit too old & wise, and are used to having ones made from juice and/or yoghurt ... which really can be messy at times! Sigh! Since your kids are none the wiser, I think you should keep this up for as long as possible!

Penny said...

Freezing jelly is quite good because they don't drip as they melt. The color can still be a pest though.

Whe you work out how to get those extra 10 hours pls LMK because I need them too! I am squirming at the list of stuff I need to do before Christmas and Puke....