Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Pot Luck Tea & Thomas the Tank Engine!

Last night we went to a pot-luck tea at some friends. There were quite a number of us there, so I made Nachos - 2 big platters (with NO spice heheehe). Lyndon bought the corn chips though, and one bag was chilli & lime, so they could get their chillies that way! :-)

Then I made a couple of pav rolls for dessert ... and this picture is just to prove that yes my darling hubby does help me in the kitchen! He specifically requested I take a photo of him cutting the almonds to put on the blog :-) lol We haven't been able to find slivered almonds at our local supermarket, so Lyndon very kindly chopped them really finely for me (a painstaking job!).

One had almonds and the other had coconut on the outside. Almond one had fresh strawberries (which I realised afterwards were actually imported from New Zealand ... how crazy is that?!!) and the coconut one had fresh blackberries and raspberries in it ... both along with LOADS of whipped cream of course.
The pav rolls didn't last long ... and I realised if I want them to go further then they have to be exactly the same, otherwise people take a piece of each! So learnt my lesson there! LOL (I didn't have enough almonds for Lyndon to slice for 2 pav rolls anyway, so they had to be different this time!)
.
And today ... Lyndon's gone to Singapore for a couple of days, I've muddled about with my Dec/Jan Daily album, the kids have fought and made up, and fought and made up! After lunch I built a mega huge train track on the floor for Aaron ... so we had fun with that. I need to get some more ascending track for him so we can go up even higher than 2 levels! :-) Makes it so exciting you know when the trains crash off the end of the track after speeding down the hills!! heheee

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a very yummy pot-luck dinner! The pav rolls look great, and what a lovely hubby you have to be willing to cut those almonds!

The album in your other post looks fantastic too, what a great way to use up that pp!

Penny said...

Strawbs from NZ eh! *gasps at the food miles* ;-)

Last Wed study at our place tonight so Tim will be able to set up his trains again. :)

Anonymous said...

The potluck dinner sounded yummy. like the pav rolls, how funny about the berries though. Good on Lyndon for helping to slice the almonds he did a good job. Like your album below...very nice and of course you can change your mind.

Anonymous said...

WOW ... its a very painstaking job slicing almonds ... go Lyndon! soooo funny about the strawberries being imported from NZ!LOL

razlin said...

urrrg, i looooove nachos!!

penelope haque said...

gosh! u made me hungry at 12:32AM!
mental note: need to eat more than water crackers and cheese for dinner. nope. not on a diet. just the fastest food to fix!

and what a lovely hubby. even i wont slice those almonds! too much work.

Darla said...

Great to catch up again. Your pav rolls look delish! Wish I was there!
Gotta love the Thomas the Train. Jonathan is getting a set for Christmas. I am excited for it!