Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Week 2

Lots of photos this week ... I wasn't sick hehehee. Decided to do a couple of medley's so I didn't have miles and miles of photos for you to scroll through.

This week we stayed at Lyndon's parents batch which is on the way to Akaroa. We had pretty good weather most of the week. Spent time at the beach at Akaroa, the beach at Duvauchelle's which is mostly rocks and shells, kids played in the camping ground with the balls and picking daisy's. Went into Christchurch a few times went to Orana Park and on the tram.

This first group of pics is mainly from the Akaroa beach (they ship the sand to it!) and Duvauchelles beach, pics of boatsheds, wild sweet peas, sunsets and a couple of scenery shots.



This group of pics is from photo session of the kids (not that successful), playing snap with Aaron, Christchurch tram, more beach pics, crabs, motorbikes, cuddles and cool drinks at Orana park (last pic) :-)


Some random shots ...
Aaron climbing a tree.
Maddison doing a shell taste test.

Cousin T with a star fish (he found it first!) hehee :-)

Maddison on the run at Orana Park.

Photos of the kids! Hummmmmm like I said wasn't that successful!


Pics of some of the animals at Orana Park.

Baby Giraffe



We left Duvauchelle's on Tuesday morning of the 3rd week and it was hailing!! We timed it just right! My sister and her family flew home midday and we flew to Auckland mid afternoon. The rest of Week 3 later.

6 comments:

Penny said...

Whoa! Aaron playing snap looks like a dangerous game ;)

SCRAP-n-CROP said...

thanks for sharing the lovely pics! how do you play snap?

Anonymous said...

wow thats a lot of layouts you have to choose from there to scrap. I hear you on the mojo front though. I have decided to make cards for a while and do other things and that seems to be working for me. Eeeks at the backchat, not sure what I could offer you in that wee area. Other than at least you know it wont last. Maybe it might take him a few days to settle back into his little routines??

Anonymous said...

Those are great photos! Looks & sounds like the kids really enjoyed Akaroa beach. I love Orana Park too, such a great place. I really like how close you can get to the animals there (unlike a normal zoo).

As for the backchat, I've never had a problem with it at this age. It's easier to deal with if the child is older (my 6-year-old can have a bit of attitude at times!) but when they are little, it's very hard to talk & reason with them! I would say Time Out or removal of toys/privileges each time he does it. He'll soon get the message!

Unknown said...

Great photos!
I went to Orana Park when I was in NZ in 1987. Thanks for the memories :)

Darla said...

Tell me again how you do these medleys. Is it on Photility? I don't think I can do that with my Mac. Waaah!