Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Who sped the days up???

I wanted to do this post yesterday, and then thought I'll do it today, and here it is late, so I am going to do 2 posts in 1!!

First I want to tell you some funny (well sort of funny) things that happened on Tuesday. We have a thief and a lock pick that live here!! In the morning I took the kids down to the post office to post off some birthday cards and thankfully I did it then because I realised after I walked out that they shut at 2pm for the rest of the week! Then we went to the supermarket and got another extension power board (I am still in the process of tidying up my scrap space) and then ducked into the stationery shop because I wanted to ask if they did wire binding. While I was talking to the lady about size and colours of the wires Aaron was running round the shop like a right little terror, not much unusual in that, but it wasn't until I got home and was emptying out the basket under the pram I realised he'd been putting little stationery sets in the bottom of the pram and covering them over with other things!!! How embarrassing. I couldn't take them back because we had lunch and Maddison was just past it so she had to go to bed. Hopefully they will be open on Friday and I can take them back then. Little monkey. I didn't even see him do it.

I was feeding the kids tea when Lyndon got home that night and he went to go to the bedroom and said "why is our bedroom door locked"? Ummmm I don't know! No guesses to which little red head boy had locked the door huh! Lyndon was busy exclaiming what a problem that was going to be etc. etc. and I just grinned and carried on feeding the kids. Next minute he comes and asked me for an icecream container lid, grabs the scissors and disappears for all of 2 minutes and comes back with this very smug look on his face!!! Did you know you can unlock doors with an icecream container lid?? Sigh ... it's no wonder Aaron is like he is (snigger). Thankfully though he wasn't watching Lyndon unlock the door, so I won't have him attempting to try that trick!!

So ... Wednesday. It's Janine's woo hoot time.

I've had an absolutely lovely day today :-) :-) and have lots to woo hoot about ...

For just over a week Maddison has been sleeping through nearly every night ... this is major I tell you because she usually wakes about 3 times during the night for a feed. It's been awesome to have her sleep through from between 7-8pm at night till around 7am the next morning :-)

I suppose I should woo hoot that it's school holidays this week and next for Aaron!! :-) I think I will survive!

Lyndon has the rest of the week off (Wednesday and Thursday are public holidays and Friday he's got annual leave).

This morning after I put Maddison down for her sleep I left the kids in Lyndon's capable hands :-) and went to Scrap-n-Crop. I had some stuff to pick up that I had ordered and also wanted to get some more alphas. Oh the shop is looking so good now with the paper trays up and filled :-) There aren't many empty ones left!!! I spent a few hours helping Val pack kits for their new Kit Club - you can read about it on their blog. Sharmaine and I will be designing for these kits ... really looking forward to playing with them. They are looking great. And you know what was specially really nice for me to go there on my own? ... I didn't have to constantly see what the kids were getting into and pulling down, it was very peaceful :-)

So I've come away with a pile of stuff to keep me very very very busy :-) Can't wait to get started.

What else to woo hoot about ... oh yeah, in the process of me tidying up my scrap space my darling hubby went to Ikea and bought me another shelving unit and a wardrobe that I had my eye on (check out Dawn's blog here and you'll see what I mean!!) for my craft stash. He also got a computer table so my folding table has come down and I have the old table we used to have the computer on as my craft desk now. The shelves and wardrobe are all in place and I have started sorting and putting stuff away, but have loads yet to do. It will be a slow process I think. I have taken before pics, so when I am finally finished I will blog them :-)

Also - I've done some LO's and a card for Kinda Sweet's Inspiration Kit. Check them out on their blog :-)

Okay, I better get to bed. I'll leave you with some pics of the kids.




They are preparing themselves for the cooler weather in New Zealand when we go home next month hehehee.

Oh, you know I blogged last week about having another week in NZ, well that's been canned. Boo Hoo. Lyndon has to go to Australia for a week so we thought I could stay in NZ with the kids while he did that and then go back together, but we couldn't get flights back for that weekend from Auckland and we have to be back that weekend because on the Monday Lyndon flies out to Japan for the week. So we are coming back here as planned on the Friday and on the Monday Lyndon flies to Auzzie from KL. Crazy huh!

Okay good night from me.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hehe, I had a little giggle about Aaron's antics! Sounds like a wee mischief maker! I remember Tyler once "stole" a T-shirt when he was about 18 months old, he was in the pram and pulled it off the rack ... we didn't notice until we got to the car ... it was returned straight away, LOL!

Anonymous said...

Great list Rachel. Bumma about the extra week not happening in NZ now. They look cute in those wee hats and I thnk they may need them. Um Lyndon is resourceful lol and sounds like "A" keeps him on his toes lol.

Anonymous said...

Nice to be able to do some scrappy shopping without kids - I hate shopping with the kids(even at 10and15!!)it always costs more and takes more time!yuck. but oh what a shame you can't stay the extra week in NZ!!

Unknown said...

Yay to sleep
Yay to shopping alone
Hehe to the stationary hoarder!
Can't wait to see the kits IRL :)

Penny said...

Very cute hats!!!

Naughty Aaron! (But funny too ;) ) So neat about that cupboard - it looked really good. I did a minor tidy up of my area but I just don't have the room for anything major. I'd love a bigger work space. IKEA is apparently looking for a space down in Manuaku city to build a store. I hope they get it.

We had to remove the locks off the doors in our house - i'm too paranoid about kids locking it and not being able to get out.

I hope we can catch up in November.