Thursday, October 2, 2008

What we did today ...

Lots of photos in this post!
Okay, had a fun day today, after lunch we went to the Butterfly Park, then to Central Market (Mum we went there with you) where we had a bite to eat, then a quick walk through Chinatown Petaling Street Market. It wasn't that busy as it was about 6pm, but still quite a few people about.
So here's some photos - think this one was taken on Tuesday night just before the kids went to bed. They'd come for a cuddle after their bath :-)
Here they were playing and giggling on the couch this morning.
Maddison & I at the Butterfly Park - Beautiful place, but it's so not pram friendly! Lyndon had sense and left Aaron's pram in the car, but I wanted to take photos, so had Maddison in hers but there were so many steps it was a pain because a lot of them Lyndon had to carry the front of it. And boys was it hot! We were probably only in there about 40 minutes but we were just dripping (or glowing in my case LOL) :-) Very lush greenery, LOADS of butterflies, steps, turtles, fish, steps and more steps! And in one corner there was a rabbit hutch with I don't know how many white rabbits including a lot of little ones, but they absolutely stunk and were so dirty. I don't really do pet rabbits, but I felt sorry for them. Back in the building there were display cases with all sorts of moths and butterflies, plus some live critters, e.g. spiders, stick insects, frogs, millipedes, different species of mantas, baby tortoise, rhino beetles and some type of frog (could have been toad, but think it said frog) that looked like they had a heap of dead leaves stuck to their bodies, I've never seen anything like it. Very ugly they were!

Dragonfly

This butterfly had damaged wings, but I got heaps of beautiful photos of it fluttering over these flowers getting the nectar.


Love the action in this shot - this butterfly was so busy, all the pics I got of it were moving!



Turtle overload! The pond was quite small for the amount of turtles I thought! Had my huge mega zoom on and couldn't be bothered swapping lenses again, so didn't get the whole pond!
After we had been to Chinatown, the kids fell asleep in the car about 2 minutes after we started out, so we decided to do some ticky touring and get some photos. I need a tripod though, anyway here's some pics I took. The lights at night are beautiful. The street lights are like hibiscus flowers.

Menara Kuala Lumpur Tower - the rain was just starting, so took this pic from the car with the window down. A couple of minutes after this it bucketed down and thunder and lightening like you wouldn't believe!

Petronas Twin Towers in the POURING rain!

So that was our day ... the kids were totally worn out :-) they went straight to bed when we got home and haven't heard a peek since (fingers crossed it lasts all night again) :-)
.


On a totally different note, I read on Janine's blog about this handbag draw :-) So thought I'd put my name in the hat too. Handbag Planet are launching a new website on October 15 and to celebrate they will be giving away a handbag every hour for 24 hours. All you have to do to enter the draw is click here or put this url into your web browser http://www.handbagplanet.com/ Wanna increase your chances blog about it and you get 25 more entries into the draw. Actually I found it really hard to choose one that I'd like to win, because none of them are really me ... so went with something really radical for me that I so wouldn't buy myself!! :-) I will hoot with laughter if I actually win it!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

That dragonfly picture was awesome :)

Anonymous said...

wow, very cool shots. Loved the dragonfly one as well as the towers. what a fab day you all had. I hope someone we know wins a handbag lol

Anonymous said...

What a neat day you all had! I love the photos, especially the ones at Butterfly Park. The dragonfly one is spectacular!

Penny said...

ooooo dragonflies! I have a thing about them! Sounds like a great place to visit. :)

The cuddle pic is cute.

Anonymous said...

The photos are gorgeous - love the look of butterfly park - but it doesn't sound like the animals and looked after that well...see what you mean about the handbag thing ... no practical Mum bags there!!

Anonymous said...

Looks like you had a good dayout. It has really been hot these days, eh. Enjoy the rest of the break.

fulltime mom

Mrs Frizz said...

Wow Rachel ... some amazing pics there from your outing ... woo hoo!!!

And yep, I'm in the draw for a handbag as well ...

Darla said...

Do you just have a point and shoot camera, or do you have one you focus and the whole lot? Your butterfly and dragonfly pics are wonderful!

I entered the handbag thing too. I am almost done with needing a diaper bag and one of these sounds decadent! Not really my style either, but, hey! Why not? It's free! I can make it my style,eh?