Thursday, September 11, 2008

Tomorrow is Friday ...

Lots happening tomorrow.

Today has been busy, don't really feel like I have achieved much though!

The Moderator's Challenge for September at Scrap-n-Crop's forum is "A Day in the life of ... (whoever you choose)". So I've decided to do it on me and have spent parts of the day scribbling down what I have been doing and it's very boring - busy, but boring! I haven't even had a chance to play at my scrap desk today :-( I've also discovered that writing it down just doesn't capture the essence of the moment! Like the noise, the smells and the feel of things!!! For example; nappy changes, standing in soggy crackers that have been left in the middle of the floor, wiping runny noses, enjoying the "space" at Ikea when I dashed in there today (it was a great time to go compared to the weekend when it's packed out with people), going to get Aaron from school and watching him finish his snack (tinned corn, he shovelled the last of it in so he could leave the table and every time he spoke bits of corn flew out of his mouth ... totally disgusting), the heat, smells and noise at the market when we went and got our tea, picking up Aaron's shorts from the bathroom floor and nearly slipping over in a very large puddle (I think he is sitting on the toilet and aiming his willy winkie out towards the shower by the looks of the mess ... have to catch him in the act though to confirm my suspicions!! The little brat.)

So Lyndon gets back tonight and he's said he has quite a bit of work to get done, so will be a late night for him. I have packed the kids and my stuff for our weekend away, just need to pack Lyndon's stuff now. Must remember to put in my new Ali Edwards book :-)

Okay, off now to pack the baby food & snacks I need for the weekend :-) I'll be back next week with photos! Have a great weekend :-)

4 comments:

SCRAP-n-CROP said...

have fun in pangkor...the kids should love it...mine hasnt been to the sea ever!!! val

Anonymous said...

I dont know Rachel I think you covered some of the essence quite well, like the puddle in the bathroom and the corn being spat out as Aaron was speaking. I could totally see all of that lol.

Anonymous said...

Have a great time! Looking forward to seeing the pics.

Penny said...

oh yeah.. puddles around the loo are here too. And in the shower!! He's got this thing about doing it in there.

Thinking of you today and hoping you have a lovely weekend away.

BTW, not sure how old E is but I'm picking it's close to 90 something.