Thursday, September 4, 2008

On a More Happier Note ...

The results for Project Scrap Away are out ... check it out on the contest blog.

So a BIG Congratulations to Sonja for an awesome win.

Here's what Sonja has won ...

the winner WINS ...
ALL the prizes from Challenge 1 to Challenge 12
+ GRAND FINALE Challenge prize
+ resident DT for our upcoming projects
+ resident judge for PSA 2009
+ special notice and discounts on new arrivals


And here's a bit of exciting news for me and Sharmaine :-) hehehe (I have had real trouble keeping this a secret!! )

AND
Our 2 other finalist Rachel and Sharmaine get more RAKs
plus
will be our Resident DTs for our upcoming projects
So very exciting to be on Scrap-n-Crop's design team. I am really looking forward to that :-)


A HUGE BIG THANK YOU to Val (Scrap-n-Crop owner) and her team for their fantastic hard work behind the scenes for Project Scrap Away. I've had a lot of fun (and a lot of late nights!! LOL) and have really enjoyed looking at all the creative work from the other PSA finalists right from Round One. A big thanks too for the lovely comments from the judges.


And talking about judges ... I just have to record here what the 6 finalist judges said about my creations :-)
**********************
Happy Birthday Rachel! The projects for Rachel's birthday were stunning. The beautiful red papers she chose gave her projects depth and beauty. From the invitation to the layout, I can see that every project was created with care and a special touch. I am sure that Rachel's birthday guests felt very special enjoying her birthday.

Carrie Postma
Owner & Designer, Paper Trunk
http://www.papertrunk.com/
**********************
Every single contestant did such a fabulous job....each round it was so hard to pick just one winner!

Rachel's Challenge 4, pp, was gorgeous...

all are so talented...
they should all be so proud of themselves!

thanks again!
R {Rhonna Farrer}

**********************
Wow - the time Rachel invests in her craft seems to be incredible. Really ornate & her attention to detail is obvious. How cool that she focused on her 35th birthday. Such lovely projects for the party. What fun for her party guests!

Becky Higgins Creating Keepsakes http://www.beckyhiggins.com/

**********************
Rachel - I loved her choice of theme, truly. It was really a creative idea and the projects were stunning (I hope one of those cupcakes pictured has my name on it)! "The Bucket List" idea was cute and well executed. She also gets points because I too love to scrap with Red.

Jenni Bowlin

**********************

Rachel Clarke - I truly loved this project too. I loved the colors, the simple but eye catching designs. LOVED her candle. I found here entry so elegant and beautiful. She did fabulous presentation- the gift box was amazing. Rachel is immensely talented!!!!!

teresa collins
http://www.teresacollins.typepad.com/

**********************

My favourite is the 1st one (Rachel Clarke). The quality of the presentation is gorgeous. I love all those little details.

Thanks! So, I choose Rachel as the winner!!!

Dominique Quintal
Présidente
Rose Moka Design
**********************

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats on your placing Rachel thats awesome. I am so proud of you, it was always a highlight to see what you created. Congrats to Sonja for winning and to Sharmaine on her placing. You are all winners. Super excited that you get to be a DT member, well done!!

Unknown said...

Congrats Rachel!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations, Rachel!! That's awesome!

Penny said...

Ooooooooooooo you are a famous DT person now!!! Congratulations!

I still think your project was the best, but I am glad I'm not the judge of these things cos it's so subjective.

Anyway - congratulations to everyone in the competition. Lots of amazing work produced and heaps of effort put in by everyone.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Rachel on your new DT position. You are so creative, there's so much waiting for you out there.

fulltime mom