Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Woo Hoot



Woo Hoot Wednesday again.

Woo hoot for Aaron ... so far today he's done his wees in the toilet (or close to it!) which is much better than yesterday's episodes of the couch and the floor in my craft room!

3 more sleeps till Lyndon gets home.

Woo Hoot for sisters that send dark peppermint chocolate in with their nieces birthday presents :-) (A bit squashed and melted, but I am enjoying it all the same!) :-)

Woo Hoot that Maddison is better, she's still not 100%, but she's heaps better. Her eyes have got their sparkle back, they were a bit flat looking on Monday!

Woo Hoot for Aunty Irene coming tomorrow and maybe Friday too :-) :-) :-)

I feel a bit funny Woo Hooting for making to round 12 of PSA when Jessy has pulled out for health reasons. (Still waiting the results of the winner for round 11. It's been a LONG day!)

Ikea are having a sale (which makes it even more of a madhouse there), but I scored these candles cheap and played today with serviettes. Just used my heat gun to adhere them. MUCH quicker and cleaner than using Mod Podge glue.



.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
I have some new craft toys! I bought a craft sheet from Ranger. Seriously it is great. Ink, paint, alcohol inks, wax, glue all just wipes off. (Actually looks very like a baking sheet, not sure which would be cheaper ... probably the baking sheet!)


Also discovered the difference between Stickles and Kindy Glitz. I have asked a few people but no-one seemed to know ... so for those that wondered like me ... when they are dry Kindy Glitz is flat and Stickles remains bumpy/lumpy. You can't really tell in this pic - the top one is Ice Stickles Crystal Ice and the bottom Kindy Glitz Crystalina. Both have their place, but I really like the Stickles. I used to put Dimensional Magic over my Kindy Glitz and I don't need to do that with Stickles :-)


That's it for now. Hope you've all had a great Wednesday.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow I love what you did with the candles! Might have to try that one day, when I get a heat gun lol
Hope the 3 sleeps go smoothly and quickly :)

Anonymous said...

well the candles looks very cool, I would never have thought to have stuck them with the heat gun. Well done on getting through to the next round. Funnjily enough you can see the difference in your photo between the two. Have you tried Glimmer Mist??

Well done Aaron for doing wees in the toilet and good to hear that Miss M is feeling better.

Anonymous said...

I'd never heard of Stickles, but it looks/sounds very cool!
Love what you did with the candles, you are so clever :-)

Penny said...

Yay for Aunty Irenes! And glad M is doing better. Very cool idea with the candles. :) I'm so jelly you have IKEA!

Anonymous said...

I've never heard of Stickles either but does look cool.
Yay for wees in the toilet - I think you'll be amazed how well that goes now, usually once they 'get it' they 'get it' - aside from occasional accidents!
Lovely to read about you and Lyndon.