Monday, August 4, 2008

Quick Update ...

While I'm watching paint dry!

We had a "night" last night! If it wasn't Aaron in the bed it was Maddison ... I don't feel like I got very much sleep at all, it's all a bit hazy. I remember Lyndon got up and walked around for a bit with Maddison to settle her before he put her back into our bed, but she was soooo hot and restless the poor wee thing. Today she's been much the same. Mostly hot, but has played happily with her's and Aaron's toys, but at tea time she didn't eat very much and just sort of sobbed. So I made the executive decision to go back to the Dr's. Glad I did because it's not a virus, it's a bacterial infection and (different Dr to last weekend) he said he wondered if the virus last weekend hid the bacterial infection because it's got bad so quick. Her temp at the Dr's was 40.5 deg C. (for once her temp was high when I took her to the Dr!). Her throat and ears were inflamed. So she's on antibiotics and is bed asleep now, has woken twice already though! Gonna be a long night me thinks! Aaron told me he had a sore tummy before he went to bed as well, but not sure if he really has or just thinks he's missing out on a bit of attention.

Nana - that little sheep "booboo" gel pack you sent for Maddison has been great. We've used it lots to keep her cool. Tonight when Aaron told me he had a sore tummy I put my hand on it and said does this feel better? He told me he needed the sheep! :-) So he sat for a bit with the cold sheep on his tummy then informed me he needed a sandwich, so I don't think he's too bad! :-)

Lyndon took Aaron to work this morning. Aaron was so funny ... he left with a BIG backpack on his back with some colouring in things and some stickers and yelled out "Bye Mummy, see you soon"! (that's the latest saying "see you soon") :-) Here's a pic Lyndon took of him. Check out the way he holds his pencil! No amount of correcting will change it (I try, and so does the teacher!). A very aggressive grip :-) hee hee


They got home around lunch time and after lunch Lyndon packed his bags and was off in a taxi at 2.30pm to the airport ... to India this week. I thought he was getting back Friday night, but no it's Saturday morning! Why does his company do this to me? Grrrr. So Lyndon will be ready for a sleep I think when he gets home. He lands around 8.30am. Probably be 10ish by the time he gets home.
Haven't got as much done as I hoped today for my tool challenge for Project Scrap Away. I used some texture paste, but must have put it a bit thick cause it's taking AGES to dry and I can't do much more on my project till that's dry. Might have to leave it and do something else instead I think ... paint dries heaps quicker! Want to try and get as much done as I can tonight because I still have quite a bit of work to do with the photos in Photoshop.
Okay, paint should be dry now, better get back to it.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am pleased Miss maddi will be on the mend, had a giggle about Aaron and the gel pack. He looks so cute in that photo. This PSA project sounds interesting I so can't wait to see it.

Anonymous said...

Glad you've got Maddison sorted finally - Dr's don't know much when it comes to the virus/infection thing! you're Mum instincts are better - trust them.Can't wait to see your PSA entry.

Anonymous said...

Here's hoping those anti-bugs start working soon and that Maddison will finally get better.

Aaron looks so adorable sitting there holding his pencil with a death grip! Very very cute.

Penny said...

I'm yawning in sympathy. Lydia isn't sick as such but she's up & down all night. I think I got about 3 hours sleep. ick. Hope M is feeling more the thing soon!

LOL about the sheep and the sandwich ;)

Tim holds his pen like that too. Kindy have told me he needs a special holder thing that I can't find anywhere in the shops. If I do I'll send one over.

Looking forward to seeing your project!! Texture paste does seem to take ages to dry.

Unknown said...

I hope the antibiotics work at treat and she is better soon.
All the best in the waiting game and can't wait to see what you made too :)

wendy vecchi said...

Hey...
Open that faded jeans...you'll LOVE it...GUARANTEED!!
Thanks for the blog comment. YIKES!! How far is Malaysia??
THANKS!!
wendy