Friday, August 29, 2008

Final Challenge for PSA

Well here it is! My final pieces for the grand finale for Project Scrap Away. As you probably already know the challenge was this:


"So for the final 2 weeks, contestants will be given 2 weeks to complete a collection of 5 projects...These will be on a thematic basis, for eg: If you were to do a wedding theme, using co-ordinating items, you can come up with an invitation card, party favours, a table centerpiece, a layout and perhaps a gift for the bride."
Here's my blurb and pics of what I did ...
Title:
35 - Halfway to 70!
I had so many ideas for this challenge, in the end I decided to base it on my 35th birthday. Any excuse to celebrate, but also for me this birthday has been a bigger event (in my mind anyway!) than turning 30, so felt I needed to express how I was feeling. My favourite colour is red and this paper from Anna Griffin is an old favourite, so the theme running through my collection of projects was red, the patterned paper, swirl stamp, rounded edges and gold highlights.

Invitation
The invitation, once opened up, has the actual invite tucked inside a pocket.
Gift Box
The giftbox had the swirl stamped over the outside and cutouts from the patterned paper foam mounted on it.
This also serves as the name place setting, it has a Grunge board flower attached to the cord with a name on it.


Centre Piece

For my centre piece I created a "Bucket List". I coloured the bucket using alcohol inks and used glimmer mist on the alphas. I attached a pocket at the back of the bucket for my list. The flowers were created from Maya Road chipboard flower petals and Grunge Board. Each flower has a different technique applied (crackle paint, patterned paper, UTEE, clear embossing, alcohol inks, glossy accents, glimmer mist).
For the candle I stamped the swirl stamp onto tissue and heated it to the candle then attached the strip of Bazzill and patterned paper with pins which I had coloured with alcohol ink (red pepper).
Layout
My layout is 8x8 size for my Book of Me and contains hidden journaling behind the photo (photo swings to the left to reveal journaling). I stamped the 35 onto the Grunge Board and cut it out before using glimmer mist on it.
Journaling:
My birthday this year wasn't one I was looking forward to - 35 … halfway to 70! But I must say it has made me stop and think, take a look at myself, where I am, what I am doing and what I want to accomplish and achieve.
Prompted by recent events in our family circle, I decided to create a "bucket list". It's not very long, in fact it only has 6 things on it, but I can add to it! By nature I am a homebody, so some of the items on this list are outside my comfort zone … I figure that has to be good for me!
22 August 2008


Materials:
Patterned Paper - Anna Griffin
Cardstock - Bazzill
Tissues
Grunge Board
Maya Road Chipboard Blossoms
Provo Craft Tin Bucket
Candle
Inks - StazOn (Blazing Red), Ranger Distress (Fired Brick), Versafine (Onyx Black), Alcohol inks (Red Pepper, Lettuce, Pearl), Versamark
Paint - Ranger Distress Crackle Paint (Fired Brick), Making Memories (Avocado)
Embossing Powder Clear
UTEE Clear
Memories Mist (Bright Gold)
American Craft Thickers
Gold cord
Dragonfly Brad, Spiral Clips, Metal Pins, Eyelets, Glass pebbles
Adhesive - Glossy Accents, double side tape, double side foam tape
Stamps - Penny Black (Spiral), Making Memories (Foam Stamps - Jersey UC)
Polystyrene
Takeaway Chopsticks
Fiskars Threading Water Punch
The final entries can be seen here. They are amazing and all so different! So now to exercise that little bit of patience I think I possess to wait for the results! LOL

3 comments:

Penny said...

Like I said in the email I think your projects ROCK!

Mrs Frizz said...

WOWSER - super duper fabbo Rachel.

You've rocked this - truly!!!!

So very creative!!

Anonymous said...

Ohhh why can't we see the journaling on your 'bucket list' now that would tell us LOTS about you!!! LOL.