Sunday, August 3, 2008

Bit of a Catch Up

Well as usual it's been a busy few days. I was going to blog on Saturday, but Saturday came and went. And anyway where did July go??? I can't believe it's August already.

Friday night we went to a potluck tea at Simons. There were about 15 or so of us I think. Simon showed us some photos of East Malaysia from his latest trip there. Some awesome photos ... great big SPIDERS, frogs, elephant dung (they didn't see any elephants!), fish and birds, and lots of other things as well. (I didn't get to see them all cause of the kids!) I made this layer pav for dessert. When I was putting it together just before serving I said to Lyndon, I shouldn't have doubled the recipe, it's huge and will be such a waste! BUT much to our amazement, there was only a little smidge left!!! I couldn't believe my eyes. I'm still having trouble believing it actually hee hee. As you can see it's presented on a very beautifully designed tray!! (baking tray covered with tinfoil!) I thought I had a platter big enough, but nah, I was way out on my estimation!

Here's a couple of pics of the construction next door. They are up 9 levels now and have slowed down a bit. Apparently they only have permits to the 9th floor. Will be interesting to see how fast it goes now.



Saturday was busy. Maddison went down for a sleep about 10.30am and I woke her at 12.40pm and we went to a mall for lunch and I wanted to buy some texture paste (all in the name of art you know!). So did that, had Thai for lunch and then went out to Val's - owner of Scrap-n-Crop - to pick up a couple or 3 orders I'd made :-) We only made 1 wrong turn this time, so we're getting better! Now I have a question, apart from buying them all at once (!), how do you chose which colour to buy in the Tim Holtz Distress Inks and the Distress Crackle Paint? (It's sort of embarrassing to admit since I'm a stamper that I don't have any Distress Inks actually!) I've heard lots of good things about them though, so want to try them out. I settled on Faded Jeans Distress Ink, even though about 6 other colours were calling my name too, and Vintage Photo Distress Crackle Paint. Decided with the crackle paint I would probably more likely to use a brownie colour the most! (funny that) I've opened both of them, but haven't had a try yet! Have told myself I need to finish my Tool Challenge for Project Scrap Away first.

Talking about Project Scrap Away, check out their blog here and here. The first "here" link you can guess who's going to be the 3 finalists for Project Scrap Away and also who you think will be the grand winner. And the second "here" link is for a mini challenge for all blog readers - it's mind puzzles. Check them out - there's prizes to be won :-)

Maddison has another fever! Poor wee thing. 2am again this morning (what is it with her and 2am???!) Haven't bothered taking her to the Dr's again, just kept her home and given her Pamol to help with her temp. If she's still got it tomorrow afternoon then I'll take her and see what they say. But it'll most likely be another "wirus" and there's nothing they can do. Hate to see her burning up like that though. You can tell she's not well today, her eyes are little dark orbs! She's reasonably happy enough though.

So this week Aaron is still off on holidays, Lyndon flies to India tomorrow, back Friday night sometime. He flies out tomorrow late afternoon but has to go to work in the morning to pick up his passport, so I have suggested (nicely!) that he take Aaron with him :-) So that's the plan! Hopefully I'll get my tool challenge nearly complete (fingers crossed!!). And Friday Irene hopes to spend the day with us. So that will be really cool, looking forward to that if it works out.

Okay, back to my desk ... waiting for Lyndon and Aaron to come home with tea - they were going to the wet market on their way home :-)

p.s. forgot to mention ... Danice put a link on her blog to mine ... what a hoot ... she thinks me being in PSA is more interesting than the rugby! (bet the blokes don't agree with that!) hee hee

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

The pav looks yummy! And yes, very HUGE!

Poor Maddison, I hope there is something the doctor can give her, and that she feels better really soon.

Anonymous said...

YUM YUM YUM. I am impressed by the pav. The strawberries look delicious too. Elliot seems to like 2am at the moment too. :-( Kate

Unknown said...

I hope Maddison is all better soon and all the best in the tool-y challenge :)

Anonymous said...

Hope Maddison is better soon... and that pav..... would you like to share with me the recipe.... reminds me of the good old days in auckland.

fulltime mom

p/s good luck for PSA... am rooting for you.

Anonymous said...

That pav looks stunning and I must admit I wanted a piece. I hope Miss Maddi feels better soon. I hope your PSA challenge this week is going well.

Penny said...

Oh yum - pav looks delish! I've had cravings for it after reading a book about the history of pavs. I'm going to have to make one now.

LMK how the distress inks go. I've been eyeing them up for ages. Most people I know have the browns.