Sunday, August 31, 2008

Birthday Party

Be warned ... Lots of photos!

Cake started out like this ... I didn't even check before hand that the cake tin fitted in the oven! It did by the skin of my teeth! Didn't sit on the oven rack, sort of semi slotted in on it's own and on a slight angle, but the mixture didn't all run to one side THANK GOODNESS! Lyndon cut out the shape and after lots more butter in the icing there's the end result :-) Aaron recognised it as Thomas so that was the main thing heehee.



Aaron opened his presents before we had lunch. Why do we poke our tongue out when concentrating? Aaron's not the only one to do it I know :-) So funny, it sure got a work out opening his loot. He got some real cool things, Thomas activity books, little outfit with a digger and tractor on it, Scoop from Bob the Builder, animal flash cards and a velcro ball dart board! He's had some fun with that hiffing the balls and they end up in the opposite direction to the board LOL. He has to start within arms length of it for his ball to actually hit the board. A very spoilt little boy. Today he got another present too, a Winnie and Pooh book and a Winnie the Pooh hand puppet. A big hit.







.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
We had pizza and indian for lunch. I am such a good cook! I nearly know the pizza number off by heart now! LOL. Great service ... I can ring when it's pouring with rain (and I mean total downpour) and within 27 minutes my order is at the door. The delivery guy is absolutely dripping (he drives a motorbike!), but I'm not :-) heehee
Here's Aaron trying very hard to blow out his candle. He had to do lots of huffs and puffs for this one, in the end we turned the cake around so the candle was right in front of him and then he blew it out straight away. Then of course since he was allowed to cut his cake at school he expected he could do it at home! The knife was a bit sharper here, so he did it under supervision. Very pleased with himself he was too.






So that was our little man's 3rd birthday party :-) 3 ... I still can hardly believe it. Where have those 3 years gone?

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL re.the pizza delivery guy - I can see him dripping now!! Sounds like a cool birthday - big week for your household!! is that all the cakes now?

Mrs Frizz said...

What an awesome looking cake. Woo hoo ... Had to laugh too with the dripping pizza delivery man.

Penny said...

Awesome job on the cake girl :) Love the photos of Aaron. He's so cute - and photogenic with all his little expressions ;)

I think I'm going to steal your pizza idea for Tim's birthday party. I think it will be a way to simplify the whole thing! I wonder if anyone does wheat free ones in case Clayton can come.

Anonymous said...

Penny in case you come back to look, if you don't I hope Rachel will pass this on. Hell Pizza do Gluten Free Pizza bases made by verdini breads. They are good too!!

Rachel that cake looks fantastic, very very cool. I am busy trying to think of something for Campbell's in a couple of months time!!

Anonymous said...

Nice cake.... I would never be able to do something like that. Have a good week ahead.

fulltime mom

Anonymous said...

The cake is AMAZING!! And it sounds like a fun party. Definitely a good plan to order pizza, making that cake would be more than enough time in the kitchen!!!

Darla said...

Sweet! I made a skid steer cake for Jonathan for his 4th. I did a cut up, so it doesn't look as GREAT as your Thomas the Train does. You are so artistic...congratulations on the online scrapbooking honors too! I have enjoyed reading all your blog posts and love your scrapbooking. I haven't had time all summer to do anything like that. Happy days!