Sunday, July 20, 2008

Observations ...

Here's a catch up of the kids and other bits and bobs from the last couple of days :-)

Caution - long post and photo heavy!!

I've learnt a few things this week, especially in regard to potty training! Even if Aaron says no he doesn't need to do wee's take him to the loo anyway. And if he's "fiddling" and still says no, take him anyway! On Friday he did really well at school, and came home and did good too. He sat on the floor in the kitchen and read a story to Maddison (that's the latest craze, reading to Maddison like the teacher reads books at school and he keeps telling her to "come back Maddison, sit down, listen with ears Maddison" Hee hee I have to keep turning my face away from him cause I'm smiling away! He's such a bossy boots!).

So anyway he read this counting book about 8 times then trotted off to do something else and I was busy getting tea. Honestly it was only about 5 minutes he was out of my sight and I went to check up on them ... they were in their bedroom and Aaron had obviously needed to do wees so did ... it was like a fire hydrant had broken in there! I didn't take pics, was too busy trying to salvage books and get Maddison up out of it! She was trying to crawl in it and was slipping and sliding everywhere. Thankfully (have to be thankful about some things!) it was only wee's! Sigh ... at that stage I just put a nappy on him while I cleaned up!

Here's some pics of Aaron reading - 2nd pic is him saying "moo" as there were cows on that page! Nice lips :-)




Something else I already knew, but was reinforced ... you have to have good legs to be able to look great with footless tights! (snigger) Wearing nappys with a short top doesn't really help the look either! heehee

This pic is of Maddison wearing a gorgeous little singlet from Nana. Real glad I got a pic of her in it before we went out! Because 2 minutes out the door she did this big vege spit up! Nice.

Saturday afternoon I baked a cake to take to mtg ... It's Carols bd today :-) So kids were VERY excited to watch the beater go "round and round Mummy"! Aaron kept asking for it to go faster! He didn't understand that I didn't want it going fast when I had just put the flour in! (You can tell he doesn't clean up the mess can't you.)

Aaron had the beater to lick and Maddison had a spoon with a little bit of mixture on it and when she finished that she'd just grab the side of the beater and come away with a very sticky chocolaty hand!




Yep she's standing all on her own there.



And yes she's licking the floor ... can't waste the mixture you know!
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Love this pic of her, she looks like a little raccoon :-)
So here's my cake, so glad for cake tins that make the cake look SOOO much better when you tip them out :-) Didn't ice it, just put icing sugar on the top. It had a layer of raspberries in the middle, but I think it could have done with a few more!!


And here's the kids playing on the keyboard while I cleaned up the floor, the cupboard doors and everything else that was covered in chocolate cake mixture :-) Wonder how many scrapbook layouts I could do with all the photos I took hee hee Maddison's nodding her head away to the beat Aaron had playing.



Here's the stuff I got in the rainbow swap and the layout I did with it. You had to use as much as you could on the LO, but there were 3 pieces of paper and a tag I didn't use. Thought the page looked enough like a Christmas tree like this!!






.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
So ... working on my re-do layout for Challenge 9 for Project Scrap Away. Must say it looks completely different from the original layout. Photo still isn't the best (sorry Mum, but it isn't), Anyway hopefully your eyes will be drawn to what else is on the page!! That's the plan anyway.

4 comments:

Mrs Frizz said...

You tell a good story and I was in fits of laughter and I've got real tears.

You brighten everyone's day, I'm sure of it.

Good luck with the potty training ...

Anonymous said...

Your little monkeys have certainly kept you busy, cleaning wees & chocolate cake from lots of places! Lucky they are so cute, huh?! I enjoyed reading the post and seeing the story told in pictures :-) The cake looks great! I want a Bundt tin but can't find one anywhere!

Anonymous said...

oh sorry but the wee storry was funny, gosh they keep me entertained. The choccie cake story also made me smile. Gosh these are going to make some good 21st stories Rachel.

Penny said...

Oh no at the wee incident! Hee hee.. love the fire hydrant analogy. It seems that way in my toilet some days.

And LOL at the mooooooo pic ;)

The only reason you are putting her in footless tights is so she can say "What did you dress me in that for Mum" when she is a teenager. *snigger*

Those "beater" pics are neat. I must do a LO of the marshmallow ones I did because my kids are exactly the same... loving the cake mixer going round, and licking the beater.