Wednesday, July 23, 2008

My Entry for PSA Challenge 9

Well here's my entry for Project Scrap Away's Challenge 9 ... it's very muted in colour compared to everyone else's creations! But I'm pleased with it and that's what counts huh! It sure looks better than the original anyway! hee hee

The challenge was to take one of your first LO's and give it a make over. So this LO was created in 2003 ... not a great photo and really bad LO! Ahh the days before digital ... obviously felt I had to scrap even bad photos. Looks like the oval with the title has been hand cut (nice!)




I cut the flowers from the patterned paper and using a versamark pen went round the edges of the petals and leaves and embossed them with Stamp-it's antique gold enchanted embossing powder. I painted the chipboard letters and then embossed them too with the same embossing powder. It looks much better in real life!
I'm still in the competition! Check out the results here.
I didn't use my immunity for this challenge, so I'll still be blogging for immunity. Will do a post about that tomorrow.

4 comments:

Penny said...

oh wow is all can say! It's awesome - love those colours, muted is good. I love the close up too... very beautiful.

Congratulations on being still in - you are doing so well. :)

Anonymous said...

I agree with Penny I love this and I love seeing close up what you did with those flowers.Beautiful layouts and I like the after layout. Congrats on staying in Rachel I am so proud of you.

Anonymous said...

What a gorgeous LO! Love the remake you've done, the flower details are amazing. And the muted colours are perfect.

Congrats on staying in the comp, you are doing so well!

Happy Birthday to Maddison, too!

Anonymous said...

The layout is gorgeous love what you have done with the flowers and the colours too and congratulations for staying in the comp
Happy birthday Maddison