Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Catch Up

It's only been a couple of days since I posted, but I feel like I am behind! So much seems to have happened in the last few days it's been crazy!


Well first of all I made a cake on Sunday afternoon and took it in the evening to share with our friends after study. We cut the edges off it so we could fit it in the container. And Monday afternoon I discovered these 2 monkeys hiding (or trying too) in the corner of the kitchen with the edges of the cake and having a grand time! It was everywhere! On the floor, ground into their clothes, up Maddison's nose(!), between their toes. (sigh - little piglets)

Monday was busy ... can't remember though all what I got up to (apart from cleaning up cake mess)! Finished my coasters late that night, I remember that. Had to get them finished because on Tuesday night we had a potluck for some friends from Aussie on their way to Sri Lanka for 3 weeks, and I had to do cooking and baking. I had left over cream from Sunday's cake so made another and a big potato dish and a roast chicken (that was easy!). Tess came early and honestly the place looked like a bomb site, I hadn't done the dishes from tea the night before (can't remember why ... there was a reason.) and I had the baking dishes as well so bench was a mess, the kids had toys and books all over the lounge and their bedroom and all the cushions in our room were all over the floor (as usual). So when she arrived I dumped Maddison in the high chair and Aaron had time out sitting on his bed because he'd been doing something he shouldn't have and I spent 10 minutes tidying up.

While I was trying to photograph my coasters, do my materials list etc. and send off to Scrap-n-Crop, Tess got in and did my dishes! Naughty lady. I did tell her not too, but she pretends she doesn't hear me sometimes I am sure. Anyway the hot tap got run the entire time (she doesn't use the plug) and she must have used half a cup of detergent! (There wasn't that many dishes honestly!). So lesson learned for me - do the dishes before Tess comes! hee hee It was very sweet of her so I shouldn't complain, but I don't get the running water bit, suppose she had to wash all those suds off somehow!

So Tuesday night was a late night. Aaron did have a sleep after school, but would have been close to 11pm before the kids were in bed. Today he refused to have a sleep in the morning, I tried for an hour then gave up, made me cross because we went out for lunch and after an hour of being there he was just so choice! So back home after lunch (which was lovely apart from him acting up a bit) and he went straight to school :-) Maddison went to bed and when Aaron got home I gave him some food and he went to bed too. Had to wake him at 6.30pm to have some more tea and get ready to go out.

Another late night for them tonight. Oh well ... they'll bounce back (probably quicker than me!).

Okay ... stop here and do my woo hoots and off to bed I think.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love those casoaters they are adorable, off to check out your next challenge. eeeks that is a sticky one. Now that photo of the kids and the edges of the cake is a hoot, guess they lover thier edges.

Penny said...

hee hee - look at those monkeys!!

Congratulations on making the next round BTW :)

Anonymous said...

the running water.... its an asian thing... lol

coasters are beautiful....

fulltimemom