Saturday, June 14, 2008

Saturday

Here's what we got up to this afternoon. We found the park all by ourselves (amazing!) that we went to last Saturday with Irene, so Lyndon has it loaded into the GPS now. (I tried but didn't think I got it to work, but apparently it was there! Oh well ... I think I know for next time now!)



These photos of the turtles don't do them justice ... but the water really is that dirty! All the photos I took of the little ones they have disappeared under the water or are blurry (was using my big lens). Bright red dragonflies were out and about and the water lily's were huge. And ... you should have heard Aaron going on about the lizard! Sooooo exciting he could hardly find the words ... lots of ummms!











When we drove into the park I couldn't see any monkeys and was a bit disappointed, but when we left they were just coming out. Heaps and heaps of them coming along this netting fence. Very interesting to watch. Amazing what they can do on a netting fence!!! hee hee

The 6th monkey photo (2 big ones and 1 little feeding) - this was rather amusing to me, Mother monkey feeding her little one perched right in the middle of the path and this other big monkey comes along and basically just climbs over top of them and the baby monkey gives it's mummy's boobie a bit of a stretch ... and the next photo I took was straight afterwards and look at the mother monkeys eyes! They are wide open ... must have hurt :-} Anyway she must have chattered something out because the next monkeys went underneath her on the netting!!








3 comments:

Mrs Frizz said...

Wow, you are certainly showing us an amazing array of pics ... totally jealous that this is all on your doorstep. Lucky you.

Anonymous said...

some very cool photos there Rachel. Like Mrs F said thats some amazing animals etc on your back doorstep.

Penny said...

Are they doing what I think they are doing? On a fence!? In public!? LOL!

And poor mummy monkey. I can relate.

Looks like a nice park :) Bet the water lilies are just awesome.