Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Project Scrap-Away Challenge #4 Entry

Well I didn't win this round, but I haven't been kicked off either, so that's a bonus!! :-)

Here's what I did. The challenge was to create your own patterned paper, I decided to do a beach theme.

I started with a piece of ivory metallic card and clear embossed the shells and starfish, then masked those images and stamped the wording and crosshatch images. Using fluid chalk inks I sponged on 6 different colours and then buffed the whole sheet to blend the inks and so the embossed images showed up. I used alcohol inks to colour white gloss card which I cut the title from, the acetate which the photo has been framed with and the shrink plastic. Once the shrink plastic was coloured with the alcohol inks I stamped the shell and starfish images on it using white StazOn ink and once they had been shrunk I used them to embellish the acetate frame. The journalling is printed onto translucent paper (velum) and alcohol ink applied to the back of it and cut out to the shape of the shell and mounted onto gloss card for weight and foam mounted out. I've also used clear UTEE to give the title and journalling a "wet" look and also randomly "splashed" UTEE around edge of cardstock to add to the water theme."


















1st pic is of the patterned paper in progress showing the last bit before I "buffed" it (excuse terrible quality pic, I can't seem to take decent pics at night). 2nd pic is of acetate and shrink plastic embellishments. 3rd pic is of the what I used to create the patterned paper.

So ... here's my paper complete.

And my LO.
And a close up showing the UTEE (ultra thick embossing enamel) effect ... sort of makes it look "wet".

I had fun with this ... using my stamps (knew there was a reason why I bought them all with me over here!!) ha haa. Creating this LO has made me think of more ways to incorporate my stamping into my scrapping. And seeing the other LO's done for the challenge is even more inspiration. :-)

Edited to add - This is what Teresa Collins the judge for this round said about my patterned paper :-)

This should be a pattern paper. It makes me want to visit the beach. She captured the colors and feel of a beach paper. I loved how she used the shrink plastic for her embellishments.

1 comment:

Penny said...

Like I said in the email - I love what you've done :)