Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Challenge #5 Entry

Here's my entry for challenge #5 for Scrap-n-Crop's Project Scrap Away. (The gallery hasn't been loaded for public viewing yet, but I expect it will be later today ... the lady that usually does it is ill ... it's hard not being able to see what the others have done!!) This challenge was:

SO YOUR CHALLENGE FOR WEEK 5 IS...
{WORDS}
Create a LO using 1 word or many words...as long as they inspire you! What is your favourite word? Are you known for a catch-phrase? What was the last thing you said?


So what was I to do except do a LO on our own resident Chatterbox!! :-) And he talks so much I had to do a double LO! hee hee

Found it quite hard to take photos of it actually, but here it is:



The "C" is chipboard and I've used silver UTEE (ultra think embossing enamel) for a couple of layers then black UTEE around the edges. Really pleased how it came out actually (even if I do say so myself!!) :-)

Each square has a saying or a snippet of conversation on it from Aaron and underneath each I have hidden journaling with an explanation on the conversation, or explaining where and why he uses that particular saying. (This LO was a GREAT way to use up some of my really old stash of metal alphas etc.! I was rather surprised at what I found!!) :-)


Journaling reads:~

Title: Chatterbox
Aaron you are such a Chatterbox … here are a few of your popular sayings and some snippets of conversation from June 2008

Hello Darling how you?
Hidden Journaling : When Maddison wakes up from her sleep you like going into her room and talking to her through the cot bars and you often say to her “hello Darling how you”? She just squeals with excitement!

Watch out yourself
Hidden Journaling : One day you were swinging around a toy snake in the lounge and it was hitting the furniture and I told you several times to watch out as it could hurt Maddison. You didn’t seem to be taking much notice and when you knocked some books over I said again to watch out and you replied “watch out yourself”!

Daddy going to playground
Hidden Journaling : In early June Daddy went to Japan for 10 days then he had a day back home then was in Singapore for 2 days. The following Monday when Daddy left for work you said “Daddy going to Japan”, we said “no Daddy was going to work”. Then you said “Daddy going to Singapore”. “No, Daddy taking the car and going to work in the city” we replied. Then you announced “Daddy going to Playground”!

Excuse me
Hidden Journaling : You use the words “Excuse me” every time you want to push past me or in front of me to get at whatever it is I am doing.

Noooo too noisy
Hidden Journaling : Quite often when I am telling you off for being naughty you interrupt with “Noooo, too noisy”.

Aaron not finished Mummy, just wait
Hidden Journaling : You love getting up to my craft table and playing with my punches and adhesives and when I ask you to get down, you say “Aaron not finished Mummy, just wait”!

You’re Beautiful
Hidden Journaling : You are beautiful Aaron and I often tell you so, especially when you do something really sweet. I laughed the day you were watching me download some photos of you in your Indian costume for your school concert and you looked at the picture of yourself and said “You’re beautiful”.

ohh sorry
Hidden Journaling : “Ohh Sorry” is used a lot, especially when you drop a book, a train or your drink bottle. You have to be reminded though to say you’re sorry when you hurt Maddison.

I don’t think so
Hidden Journaling : When I ask you if you have done poos in your nappy and I can tell you have by the smell, I find it amusing to hear you say “I don’t think so” when it’s so obvious that you have.

Thank you you’re welcome
Hidden Journaling : I sometimes have to remind you to say thank you when I give you things and when you say the magic words I say to you “you’re welcome”. I love watching you teaching Maddison as well, you give her a book and say “thank you Maddison, you’re welcome” in the same sentence.

There you are Mummy all fixed
Hidden Journaling : First thing in the morning when I go into the computer room you rush ahead of me and push the button to start the computer and turn and say to me “there you are Mummy all fixed”.

So Beautiful, so beautiful, beautiful bug … opps, oh dear, oh NO bike squashed beautiful bug
Hidden Journaling : You were playing on the floor with a toy bike watching a little bug crawling along. You accidently squashed the bug with your bike.

In a minute
Hidden Journaling : When you are asked to come to the table for meal times and you are busy playing or reading books, your response is generally “in a minute”.

Why not
Hidden Journaling : For some reason you use the words “why not” when you don’t want to do or go some where. For example, “why not to school”, or “why not home” (this one is said when we are heading home in the car and you decide you want to go somewhere else – like the park!).

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aww, it is so precious that you have documented all of that! Aaron will love looking back on it when he's older. The idea of having the "flaps" is very cool. Great job!

Penny said...

Oh man - this is awesome! Such a cool way to remember it all. I love the C letter too. Black UTEE? Must look out for it! I have bronze, silver and clear plus a set of green/blues from that Aussie company.

You have done such a great job in this one!

Anonymous said...

Now that is a very cool layout and what a great way to look back on all these sayings when he is older. Hope you have made it to round six cos this is a stunner.

Mrs Frizz said...

Oh wow - what an absolutely brilliant layout and a double layout to boot!!!

You've completely blown me away with this one ... sensational!