Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Catch-up

Have you missed me? I have been head down, tail up working on the 70's Challenge for Scrap-n-Crop's Project Scrap Away. PHEW ... finished today and got it sent off around 4pm (deadline is 9pm today). Remind me next time not to take on such a big project when Lyndon's away for the weekend (you'll see what I mean when I can post pics).

Here's a sneak ... one of the photos I used. And yes you can laugh, but no rude comments thanks!! (Man ... that face reminds me of my daughter!)

Okay ... I last posted on Sat morning, so I'll start my catch-up from there. Here's the highlights or lowlights (however you look at it!).

Aaron refused to sleep on Sat morning, probably because he knew Aunty Irene was coming. After Maddison woke we went to a restaurant for lunch that was set up like a train carriage on one side of it. So that was pretty neat.

Did a spot of shopping at a mall then went to a park. A. Irene had bought a loaf of bread, which I thought was to feed the ducks (duh ... they eat ducks over here so there's no ducks running around the local parks ha haaa). I got a lovely surprise when I realised it was to feed the turtles! So cool. The pond was very dirty, but there was about 15 turtles of various sizes and lots of fish eating the bread Aaron was tossing them. It amused me to see a sign with pictures saying no fishing and no picking flowers, but there was nothing to say don't take the turtles. They are obviously a dime a dozen here ... turtles are real expensive back in NZ (how do I know? ... because Lyndon was checking out prices one day! I will have to make sure he doesn't sneak a turtle from the park!!).

As we were leaving the park and just heading down the street I noticed all these monkeys on the fence. So I did a u-turn and parked so Aaron could see. There were heaps of them, grey ones with really long tails and several mummy monkeys with babies clinging to them. And before you ask, yes I had the camera but like an idiot left the memory card at home, so cross with myself! Aaron has talked about the monkeys every day since! We will be back!

Got home and put Maddison to bed and Aaron had left overs and I nipped out to get Thai for Irene and I. When I got back Maddison was up and Aaron hadn't eaten very much tea at all!! (Gets away with a few things he does when he's with Aunty!!!) :-) So back into the high chair and I couldn't believe it, he wanted Irene's plain white rice ... this is the kid that since we have been here in KL refuses to eat rice!! (Go figure). So he ate probably 1/2 to 3/4 of a cup of rice! (I think Irene had enough rice!!)

Sunday - Maddison refused to have a sleep before morning mtg, and did a huge poop just before we headed out the door, so I was running late! Kids ... I don't know. Irene took us out to lunch with Rachel to a Chinese Restaurant, very yummy, and Aaron ate rice again! Must be Aunty Irene's influence!

When we got home we all had a sleep :-) Then night mtg. Then back home for toast for tea! Kids were in bed around 8-8.30pm I suppose, but Aaron took A G E S to go to sleep and it would have been about quarter past 10 before he was asleep, and I was so mad with him because he was up and at it at 5.30am the next morning!!! GRRRRRR.

So early start on Monday, but actually worked out okay, because Aaron went to bed at 10.30am and went straight to sleep which was great as he's back at school this week. During the morning I was sitting on the couch feeding Maddison and Aaron was playing on the floor and I heard him say "so beautiful, so beautiful, beautiful bug"! :-) There was a little tiny black bug on the floor and he was watching it so closely, then I heard, "opps, oh dear, oh NO, bike squashed beautiful bug"! In other words he drove his toy bike over the bug and squashed it!

Actually Monday morning was busy, because I was talking on the phone to Mum, Maddison was in bed, and Aaron was playing about then he went into the kitchen. I didn't think too much of it, anyway I didn't hear him get a stool from near the dining table and take it to the kitchen and shut the door! After a bit (probably 5-10 minutes) I said to Mum I might just check what he's up to ... well I got a fright! He was up on the stool with a bottle of kids cough medicine and the lid was off (they don't have child safe lids on medicine bottles over here ... such a pain). The bottle was under half full. I am not sure how much he'd drunk, he'd definitely had some as I could smell it on his breath and he'd dribbled down his tee-shirt. I read the box and it never said anything about overdose, but it was sugar and alcohol free. So I thought, hummm probably get a bad dose of the skits! Fortunately that hasn't happened, so he can't of had that much of it. (And now all the kids medicines are up even higher!)

Today I've been frantically finishing my 70's thingy. So that's about it really. Lyndon should be back ANY MINUTE now! it's 9.15pm and he txt to say he was on the aero train at the airport at 8pm. I am having an early night (well early for me at the moment!). I plan to be in bed by 10pm ... just waiting for a load of washing to finish so I can hang it up.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh that photo is cute I can't wait to see the layout. Wow what a busy few days. How intresting about the turtles and feeding them bread. ewwww at the medicine though, I always hated drinking it when I was sick let alone being able to drink it for the sake of it lol.

Anonymous said...

That is such a cute photo - totally digging that 70's dress! Can't wait to see your finished layout.

My boys are the same with medicine, they just love it! Thankfully they've never helped themselves, but a friend's little boy did and her bottle HAD a safety cap!!!!!

Penny said...

I just cracked up at that photo! Just luuuuuuurve that dress - hee hee! So 70s.

How neat about the turtles :) and monkeys.

We had the same issue (pun intended) last Sunday with Lydia too... had to change her at Ena's because we were already running late.

Glad Aaron is no worse for the cough mixture... man, you'd kinda wish it would make him sleepy eh?