Thursday, May 8, 2008

Where has the day gone?

I feel like I have been up for AGES (and I have actually!). An early start this morning, Lyndon flew to Singapore for 2 days, so he was up before the birds ... taxi picked him up before 6am. Maddison woke at 5.45am and decided she was ready to start the day as well ... yawn yawn. Managed to keep her entertained and reasonably quiet though till Aaron woke at 10 to 8. Maddison was back in bed before 9am ... fair tuckered out! Aaron was in bed around 10.30am and of course as soon as I walked out of his room Maddison woke! So up she gets and I find she's running a temperature. What next???

Feed her, play with her, give her pamol and 50 minutes after getting her up she's exhausted! So back to bed for her and I lay on the couch and managed to sneak in a 40 minute snooze before Aaron woke (not a very long sleep for him ... he didn't go straight to sleep!).

So ... lunch and then took Aaron to school and Maddison and I went to a mall as I wanted to get some things, hadn't been there very long, about half an hour when I get a call from school saying Aaron is crying and has a sore tummy! Right ... so quickly finish the purchase (other part of Jamie's BD present ... yeah it's going to be late sorry Jamie) and dash for the car. Traffic was hideous due to school traffic ... getting on for 3pm at this stage. Park the car plop a very sleepy Maddison in the pram and go into school. I could see as I walked down the corridor Aaron sitting on a stool with a sad face looking at his teacher ... the principal was there too. Anyway I walked around the corner and he leaps up, big smiles, screams out at the top of his lungs "MUMMY" hugs my leg and does this major happy dance all over the place! Hummm ... sore tummy?? Really??? I don't think so! I quietened him down and asked him what was wrong (so wish I had the camera to take pics of his expression), his lips drop and he looks at me through lowered lashes and sniffs!!! What a put on. The principal couldn't believe the change in him. Then he runs off skipping and jumping and comes back with my shoes (you leave your shoes at reception) and says "come on Mummy, come"! I don't know, but I believe he wanted to come home to a) play on my new laptop (which was a no no) and b) play with his train set (he was allowed to do that!). So there you have it. Situation will be monitored ... but I don't believe he's sick ... jolly well better not be anyway ... surely he's had all the nasty bugs that are out there!!

Maddison went to bed after we got home and when she woke we walked down to the local market and got strawberries (ummmmm are you jealous? they are delicious), corn, apples (which when I got home noticed they are NZ Queen ones and they are yummy, very crisp and juicy), tea for me from one of the stalls and chippies Donald's and chicken for Aaron.

So back home, tea, bathed the kids and Maddison went back to bed, Aaron went down soon after 7pm - mainly because he kicked a ball really hard (it was a good kick) and it hit our bedroom door and woke Maddison up so I was not impressed. So he went to bed and I fed her and put her back down, but she grizzled and fussed, so fed again, back down, grizzle fuss! Anyway to cut a long story short she got up and played while I fluffed with some scrapping, did a poo, had another fed (and nappy change!) and went back to bed (asleep about 9.45 I suppose).

Speaking of poos, I must tell you this ... I cracked up laughing. After Aaron had his bath tonight he was mucking about reading books and after a while he comes over to me and phew ... what a stink. I said to him "Aaron have you done poos?". He looks at me (through lowered lashes again) and says very loudly "NO". Then really quietly says "I don't think so"! First time he's said that little sentence. I laughed ... then realised oh he's got that from me!

Recently he's been asking for chippies Donald's for breakfast and I just say "I don't think so". Or he'll ask for ice cream when he's off to bed for his sleep before school and again I'll say "I don't think so". (Obviously I must say it more than that!!)

Okay that's enough babble for now. Here's a serious pic of Maddison I took the other day ... tried doing a photo shoot, but not very successful on my own :-)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

thats a busy day, I was exhausted just reading it. Aaron was a scream when you turned up!!

Penny said...

seems like days fly by!

Maddison looking thoughtful there.. "Why is mummy not gettng me out yet?"

Mrs Frizz said...

Yes, that was definitely an erly start for the day ... and it will have been a long day to boot.

What a wee trickster at school - sore tummy ... I'm thinking he has definitely had his fair share of germs ...

Hope you enjoyed your creative time.