Thursday, May 22, 2008

A 'wee' star at the end of the day ...

I won't go into details of the rest of the day ... you have read the worst (although it didn't get much better!). Anyway tea was a very noisy affair - we'd been down to the market and got tea and Aaron threw a spaz because it wasn't 'chippies Donalds' (he managed to guzzle half my frozen lemon tea though the little rascal ... he's as bad as his Father!). Things improved half way through bath time ... after they were all soaped up, I turned the shower on over the bath and the squeals and giggles. I'll have to get Lyndon to video it when he's home. Maddison gets sooooo excited, she tries to catch the water, very cute. Aaron just sticks his head under then tips his face up and drinks it! Ewwwgh

Anways I was dressing Maddison and Aaron was twirling his thingy-me-jig (! - I wonder if it hurt, it was being fair twisted!) and I said 'don't do that - do you need to do wees?' And wonder of wonders he said yes! So I told him to run and get the potty. Well he scampered off to the bathroom and comes back carrying the potty like it's fine bone china (!), does a slow perve past the full length mirror in their room (and I was thinking hummm don't tell me he's going to park it there and watch!). But no ... he puts the potty down right in the middle of the room, sits down (bit like a dog that goes round in circles a couple of times before they lie down!) and YAY he did a very long woozle. When he'd finished I got to carry the potty to the toilet and he got to flush!

It's rather sad really when one feels so proud of their child over something so basic! But I am, I can't help it. Tomorrow he will have probably forgotten all about it, but for now it was a little star for me at the end of a trying day!

On a different note, I am 70% through one LO for the contest ... have 2 ads and I can't choice between them, so I am going to do both and then decide. Lyndon might have the deciding vote! I ordered some scrap goodies from Scrap-n-Crop on Tuesday and they were couriered on Wednesday and I should have received them that afternoon and they still haven't arrived ... grrr. Hopefully they will be here tomorrow because I need the alpha stickers. :-)

Okay, I'm off to bed. For some reason I am exhausted!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

life is about celebrating those small things.

Penny said...

I TOTALLY understand your happiness! Giggled at the slow perve thing...

Hope the goodies arrive in time for you.

I am fast running out of stuff and am hoping my free kit comes sooooooon!

Mrs Frizz said...

Ouch with the twisting - double ouch. Good on the wee man for doing his business in the potty.

Laughed at the shower and wee Miss Maddison.