Thursday, May 22, 2008

Down hill ...

Well the morning started off okay ... but after breakfast things went down hill fast! While I was having my shower and Maddison playing in the empty bath, Aaron was very quietly playing under the dining table and upon closer inspection found he'd drawn all over the tiles and floor. NOT IMPRESSED and Lyndon will be even more so when he gets home. So short of throttling the little pet I sent him to his room to sit on his bed ... and what does he do? Empties 2 shelves of books from the bookcase onto the floor and empties the toy bin on top of them. (I'm pulling my hair out by this time!) So get that cleaned up, comfort Maddison because my voice has risen several octaves (!), give Aaron a stern telling off and settle him on the couch with a book while I do my hair so I can put Maddison back to bed. So, Maddison playing in bath again while I do my hair and I hear this crash from the lounge, then another one ... dash out to look and he's moved over to the arm chair, pulled out a tray of cars and is throwing them across the room! I think I may have lost the plot there for a while.

Ahhhhh ... what to do. He must have know I was extra specially mad, because he actually picked them up (with several prompts and threats from me) while I fed Maddison and watched him! Ole Eagle Eye!

So now all is peaceful, Maddison is sleeping, Aaron is watching a Winnie The Pooh dvd and I'm about to start on the first challenge for the Scrap-n-Crop contest. The first challenge is = 'participants are required to draw inspiration from an advertisement in any magazine or newspaper for their layout'. Well ... I decided I couldn't use my substantial pile of scraping and card magazines for inspiration, so hunted around and found several car magazines, a watch magazine (yeah, one of Lyndon's little hobbies ... checking out watches!), an Expat mag and a Malaysian Airlines mag. All are at least 3-8 months old :-) But they have ads, so that's what I am off to do, narrow down my short list ... I've got 5 to study :-) Oh I also have to write why the ad inspired me. Humm ... one of them is a booze ad (snigger ... my strongest drink I have is Frosted Lemon Tea so it's not the product that's inspiring!!). Writing why might sway my choice and what photos I'll use.

p.s no photos shaking too much to hold camera steady!

4 comments:

Mel said...

Very funny - and don't worry - I used to have a preschooler like that but he's very much clamed down (everything just takes time).

Thanks for looking out for some holiday ideas for me - we were wondering about Club Med Cherating Beach (if that's not too tacky - we just figured it'd be easy with the kids, 8 and 13). We also want to take them to Singapore for a few days - not the usual holiday destination we know but we went there for our honeymoon (20 years ago this year!). OK strange honeymoon destination, too!

Penny said...

Think that paper bag might have more use from kid stress than scrapping challenges! LOL! The rat!

Good luck with the challenge :)

Anonymous said...

I am sorry Rachel I had to laugh, he is such a character and it sounds like he was playing a game of how long will will it take till mummy looses the plot. Do we get to see your challenges once you complete them or do they stay under wraps?

Mrs Frizz said...

He's a wee tyke isn't he ... lol.