Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Should we move ...

into the Doctor's surgery???

Back to the Dr's again last night. School phoned just before 4.30pm to tell me Aaron had a fever and could I come and get him. Considering it was right on pick up time I thought it a bit strange! Anyway stuff Maddison into the pram and off we go, to find Aaron lounging back in a bed bag looking very dozy on it. And HOT ... he was burning up. I knew he really wasn't well when the teacher told me he didn't eat any afternoon tea! (I have watched him eat huge amounts for afternoon tea, so for him to eat nothing is very unusual.) So phoned Lyndon and asked him if he could leave work so I could use car to go to Dr's otherwise I'd get a taxi. (Dr's clinic is actually not far - about 10-15 minutes walk, but there's that much construction and traffic (not to mention the heat) that it's not nice to walk especially when the kids are really hot to start with!)

Aaron lay on the couch reading books, wasn't interested in eating or drinking. Lyndon got home in record time and I left him with Maddison and off to the Dr with Aaron. Only a 10 minute wait which was great and Dr said his ears and throat were inflamed and has given him a course of antibiotics. So goodness knows what he's picked up now. School is great, but I don't like the buggy virus side of it.

Here's some pics of the kids - Aaron sleeping last night (with Rabbit that Grammie gave him and Pooh Bear firmly clutched in his arms), reading on the couch this morning, and my typical view of Maddison!!



2 comments:

Penny said...

Poor kid! :( I know Tim is sick too when he doesn't eat. I am impressed at him lying reading a book at his age.

M's a mummy's girl! :)

Anonymous said...

wow he is in the wars at the moment, poor boy not much fun is it. Hope he recovers soon.