Saturday, April 5, 2008

NZ Dare Challenge #42

The challenge at NZ Dares is to scrap a story from your childhood ... with journalling of course! Here's my take.

Journalling says:

My parents milked cows on our farm until I was about 5 years old. I used to go with my Father on the motorbike to bring the cows in. While I don’t remember these stories, I have heard them so many times I feel like I do! Uncle Ernie Dorham was staying and one day he asked me what I did out with Dad on the bike. I replied “Oh I just sit up front and sing about Jesus”. Another day I came home and said “The blast cow jumped over the blast fence”! (A reminder to me to watch my words and most especially around little ears!) In this photo I am about 18 months old and the dog was named Storm.


I have decided, after much deliberation, to do a "Book of Me" (BOM), even though my Mum made an album for my 30th birthday which covers my life from birth to 30yrs old. It's awesome and even includes a lot of heritage pages about previous generations. So my BOM will be basically from 30yrs onwards, with a few pages about my childhood of things that have really stuck in my mind.

I am doing my BOM in an 8x8 size album ... means I can run the pages through my printer to do the journalling!!

3 comments:

Penny said...

What an awesome gift from your mum!

Want to read the journalling :)

Love the simplicity of this one.

Anonymous said...

Very cool childhood memory, you will enjoy working on a BOM.

Anonymous said...

Fabulous!