Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Is it Morning Already?

This is so not fair ... bit of a late night last night. Lyndon left for NZ, Aziz picked him up about 6.30pm and after he had gone I finished feeding Maddison her solids then bathed the kids, read them a Thomas story while they scampered about Aaron's bed (waste of time reading if you ask me - but Aaron said to read when I stopped!). Then about 7.45pm put both of them to bed. (Yep ... wishful thinking!)

Maddison started screeching so I took her out and left Aaron with strict instructions NOT to get out of bed. To cut a long story short ... I tried 4 times to put Maddison to bed and gave up in disgust, put Aaron back to bed about 5 times and finally about 9.15pm Aaron was asleep so I feed Maddison again and she went down about 9.50pm.

Then the dishes ... arghhh ... that's one thing I do miss here ... a dishwasher! You can feel like you are on top of things with a dishwasher cause you can keep the bench clear!

So I got to bed around 11pm and Maddison mustn't be feeling just the thing (top teeth coming through and I have a feeling she has got whatever Aaron had last week) because she woke more than usual (how is that possible?) for feeds in the night. THEN at 5.55am she woke and I could tell by the chatting that she wasn't going to go back to bed after that feed easily, anyway I tried and while we were on the couch (in the dark) out comes Aaron. Maddison hears the door, jerks up and starts squealing at him and Aaron informs me it's "Play time". ARGHHHHHHH I want to go back to sleep! So here I am posting this while they are mucking about making a mess.

I will so definitely be having a nana nap when they have a sleep today ... hopefully for once I can get them down at the same time.

Oh yeah ... yesterday the technician for the washing machine was supposed to come just after 2pm. At 3.30pm they phoned and asked for directions (asking me for directions??). Arrived about 4pm and after a lot of mucking about listening to the spin cycle told me there was nothing wrong with it. Glad Lyndon had heard the noise so he spoke to them. Anyway they left and I have a number to ring when it does it again so they can hear it! Lets hope it doesn't blow up in the meantime.

Right better go organise some breakfast.

Bye for now (yawn!)

1 comment:

Penny said...

good luck with the nana nap!