Friday, April 25, 2008

"Flutterby"


Last night I dashed out to get a few groceries, but hurried back inside for the camera. This greeted me out by the lift. It was nearly as big as my hand. I haven't seen such a huge moth in real life before.

It was beautiful. I was almost sorry Aaron was asleep because I really wanted to show him.

But I was lucky ... this morning when Lyndon left for work he opened the door and I said ... oh is the moth still there. Sure enough ... so I picked up Aaron and took him out to show him and asked him what it was ... "A flutterby" he breathes really softly. So cool to see his face.


I can see a trip to the butterfly park coming up! :-)

3 comments:

Mrs Frizz said...

Gorgeous in the photo ... don't know how keen I would be, right up close and personal ... looks very big.

Anonymous said...

Hi Rachel, just found your blog through the SE forum! I am Scrappygirl aka Debbie....Awww love the flutterby!

Penny said...

How awesome!

I love A's comment. Heart melting.