Thursday, April 17, 2008

Early Start ...

An early start this morning! Lyndon up at 5am to catch taxi to airport. He's off to Singapore, back Friday night. Then phone rang around 7am I think, Aaron was already in bed with me, just got to the phone when it stopped - don't you hate that. Anyway that put paid to Aaron lying quietly again. I got told repeatedly that "phonou was very noisy"! (wonder if he ever realises just how noisy he is!!) One bonus though - got to have my shower while Maddison was still asleep. The downside ... just finished doing my hair and came out to the kitchen to find Aaron standing at the fridge, door wide open, my SPECIAL dark peppermint choc box in his hand and his mouth absolutely bulging! When he saw me he gave me the most angelic look and said "peese Mummy"! It nearly melted my heart! I don't know how many chocs he had in his mouth but there was only 3 left! (I ate them right then just in case I missed out!!) :-)

Had a late night last night. Lyndon got back late - stayed back after mtg to celebrate 20th wedding anniversary of some of our friends ... kids were quite choice last night so I didn't go out. I had put the cot into our room so I could get both kids to sleep at the same time without me going crazy, so I couldn't go to bed till Lyndon got home so he could shift Maddison's cot back into Aaron's room! (Well that was my excuse anyway!) So I scrapped ... I've been playing with the papers from Paper Pesto's April kit. It came with little calenders which are so cool, I got July and August (very appropriate), but for this layout I wanted a December one, so made it myself in Word. Cream and beige Bazzil, chipboard arrow and photo turn and brad are from my stash the rest is from the kit.


My scrapping is all over the place at the moment ... very random! Wedding photos, Aaron's baby pics, photos from this year. :-) Oh well who cares. It's as the inspiration strikes I suppose.

I have another one of Aaron nearly finished - it's a 5x7 print of when he was 1. But am trying to encourage myself to use what lettering I have and that I don't really need to go and buy something to suit the layout! (Depressing I know ... I don't have enough of the stickers from the Paper Pesto kit which is a shame as they would have done.) So need to put my thinking cap on and "fiddle".

2 comments:

Penny said...

oh no! To the choc incident!

But bonus about getting some scrapping time. :)

Anonymous said...

I was oh no when I saw the choc bit. I thought he had eacten them all so at least you got three out of the box.Random scrapping is all good thats what I do. Remember there are no rules.